Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 8:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be keen to go to a throw down in Sydney as long as it is accessible by public transport and is not to expensive as I am a poor university student with no car. What are the sparing rules at a throw down? There are people from all different martial arts with different competition formats so what is used?

I haven't had a chance to spar with some one my own weight in the short time I have been doing Muay Thai and Judo so it would be good to have a bigger pool of people to learn from.

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 8:43pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rules are whatever the participants agree on, antonyneal. This is just a friendly gathering, no egos and I'll kick all your arses if I see an ounce of ego cause I am the best martial artist in the world.

Seriously, though, no egos. It is a gathering of Sydney bullies getting together to meet, spar and exchange ideas.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2011 9:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah don't worry I understand the nature of a TD its not supposed to be a dick measuring competition. I have no intention of trying to bury any one I just want to have some fun and learn from some more experienced martial artists.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2011 9:40pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been training hard and ready to go when everyone else is. Glad to know that we've got some really good people trying their best to organize this. Thanks. I'm easy, just let me know a datee and i'll work around it.

:)

Posted On:
    8/26/2011 1:06am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Aussie Bullies, it pains me I won't be able to make the TD, as I'm all the way across the world, but I'll be at the Mega Sat Sep 3rd, in Cambridge, Ma USA...getting beat up by some Stateside bullies. Spare a mocking laugh at my plight, if you will.

When you set a date, I'll be sure to take a moment and toast your own individual failures. Cheers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2011 3:29am

Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool,glad the interest is picking up.If we get decnt numbers iy could turn into a regular event.
    Unfortunately,it can't happen in october.
    I've just spent a week in hospital with a tendon infection,& have a huge fucking hole in my hand & another op to go.
    I'm having to wander up the hospital twice daily to have it cleaned,etc,so I'm not gonna be playing online much in the next couple of weeks.

So keep working on a date guys.
    I'm keen for it to happen whether I can play or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 3:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on guys.All that is needed to sort this is for you guys to agree on a date.
    And more than two people ( Edselaquino & GreatHeight ).
    I won't be back training myself for a couple of months,so I won't be playing,as due to illness & injury my weight has dropped from 67kgs to 52kgs.I look like a bloody ice addict at the moment,& with a **** off big hole in my hand I can't lift a beer,let alone deadlift.

I organised the venue knowing that I may be unable to play but I still committed to $1000 for the venue & $250 for my mate who instructs at Dragonfist as a go between fee. ( Is how **** happens in the real world...money talks ).

If no one is interested I should let them know that their tax free xmas bonus won't be happening.

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 3:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats harsh mate. Look I am pretty much commited up untill October myself. With some decent notice I could fly down your way. (Hopefully). Otherwise I will of course try to give more notice for our next one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 4:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah,I'm not intentionally being a tool,but Aussie TD's have been on again - off again since I joined this site.As Danno said,maybe they're cursed.

The biggest problem these days ( in N.S.W at least ) is public liability insurance.
    Add to that the cost of Venue hire & medics & all of a sudden we are talking decent money.

Working in the entertainment industry & owning my own production & SFX company I run into these issues daily as a cost of doing business,& without an " old boys network " next to nothing would ever get done,or would leave you in the red.

I crunched the numbers & figured that without an in,you wouldn't get much change from 8 grand setting up a TD in this nanny state.

If I know for certain that there is definite interest,I have no problem paying the costs months in advance to secure the **** we need as it's the way I prefer to work.
    And while it seems like a fair whack of cash,it's roughly 3 days at work for me,it's just up to the Aussie bullies to decide if & when they want to play.
    I just can't keep stringing the guys at Dragonfist on forever in good conscience without handing over the cash.That just makes me look unreliable & shuts down future business contacts.

Please let me know when you guys have one in the new year ( 20 bucks for a seminar rocks ).
    I was set to come to the G.C the last time a TD was being organised.I still had a weeks holiday as I booked flights,etc in the belief that it was solid,I just didn't get to kick anyone in the head.
    Last edited by Rickko; 9/12/2011 4:45am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2011 5:23am

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickko View Post
    Not a cent.It's been covered.The actual amount shall remain confidential...Mates rates & **** the taxman.

I spoke to my mate earlier today & he gave me a more detailed description of Dragonfist Freestyles new gym.
    Apart from the ring & heaps of mat space,there are decent shower facilities & plenty of parking.
    It's in the industrial estate in Kirrawee,just off of the Princes Highway.
    I haven't seen the new gym myself yet,in fact I didn't even know they had moved 'till I started bugging them,but the old gym was pretty cool,& the guys reckon the new one is much better.

Beats me how much a TD should cost.
    It doesn't really cost very much at all to get into a scrap with a stranger around my way.
    Hey! Count me in! I used to do kickboxing up at the sutherland one. I'm sure it'll be worth the 5 hours driving.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast