Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 10:19am

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody on this site even know anyone who fought at any time hand to hand against a military combatant and survived? This is a serious question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 10:28am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    In my experience, the main problem with MAC is that as far as training goes, its a very low priority. I think not counting the bayonet course(which has been taken out of BCT) we might have spent 3 instructional periods on it, and then I think I might have had 2 refresher courses since then(2003).

I dont think its the program, I think its how its trained that is the problem.
    I was under the impression that it was to be part of the daily culture, like p.t where it is worked on, if not a daily basis, then a weekly one.

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 10:32am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    I was under the impression that it was to be part of the daily culture, like p.t where it is worked on, if not a daily basis, then a weekly one.
    Pfft. We played Calvinball for PT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    Pfft. We played Calvinball for PT
    Pushups again!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 11:10am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    I'm at the 173rd Airborne base, I'll ask for you.
    When I was in "back in the day" we had no h2h. One of the section chiefs pulled out a handbook for the h2h one day and we did drills based on that for 2 hours. It was more funny than useful. I did learn how to do a good hip throw that I successfully used on a brown belt in Shotokan, when I was a white belt. He was able to get more shots in than I was, so I got pissed, threw him down and did the Mr. Miyagi: minus the flying head. Sensei liked.
    Anyway, I hear mixed feelings from the guys. Some think it works and some don't. Just like anything, it's what you put into it. Why do some guys fail the PT Test when everyone is doing the same PT?

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 11:42am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he is an instructor of H2H in the military then he would know the true purpose of H2H training. I will reveal this secret in a minute.

Training in H2H is just like training in any thing else it takes time and dedication plus hours and hours and hours of work to become proficient. In doing so you need to have people who can train with you regularly. In order to do so there needs to be some restrictions on training to insure you can come back the next day and do it again.

H2H training in the military is not the deadly stuff many people would like to believe for the average grunt. I can speak a little about special forces training since I know a SF trainer and was actually his coach for a time while he was training SF military. Again though more time is spent on tactics weaponry and proper support than getting in H2H.

I have had MCMAP and SF play against me at the gym in all areas of fighting. The only person who was really good was the SF instructor due to prior training in MMA wrestling Judo and BJJ and being an athletic specimen. None of them were able to impose themselves on me with the skills they learned from the military. Quite frankly most of their technique was horrible due to inadequate training principles and time.

Your MA talk guy is able to say these things because he knows a few tricks that work against guys who do not know **** and when he does get tested by someone he reverts to the "yea but if I allowed to go full out I would hurt you to bad, excuse." I usually respond to this by saying. "Would you like to try your luck with me outside on the concrete?" Being that it is after I have tossed them around a few times I get a no answer.

So yea he is right that if you crush the knee poke the eye and smash the larynx you can "win". Since you can't train it you may never know. Fortunately I train stuff I know I can do and that work quite well in virtually any H2H situation. I do not have to believe a technique will work I know it works.

So the secret to H2H training in the military. Its for the exact same reasons we do it as civilians physical fitness, confidence, and basic fighting skills. So now the big secret is out I hope I am not scooped up in a black SUV now.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 11:45am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by donoraen View Post
    Does anybody on this site even know anyone who fought at any time hand to hand against a military combatant and survived? This is a serious question.
    I'm pretty sure Gezerre does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 11:53am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe we're not going far enough here....forget the Army and the Marines. What about CIA field operatives? Sure they all have fighting skills on par with Jason Bourne, right? Right??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 1:04pm

Style: Kyokushin/Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinKiK View Post
    Maybe we're not going far enough here....forget the Army and the Marines. What about CIA field operatives? Sure they all have fighting skills on par with Jason Bourne, right? Right??
    One would think that most people would realize that by the time a CIA case officer has to resort to fisticuffs something has gone horribly wrong and his cover is probably blown. Which defeats the whole purpose of spying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2011 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    If he is an instructor of H2H in the military then he would know the true purpose of H2H training. I will reveal this secret in a minute.

Training in H2H is just like training in any thing else it takes time and dedication plus hours and hours and hours of work to become proficient. In doing so you need to have people who can train with you regularly. In order to do so there needs to be some restrictions on training to insure you can come back the next day and do it again.

H2H training in the military is not the deadly stuff many people would like to believe for the average grunt. I can speak a little about special forces training since I know a SF trainer and was actually his coach for a time while he was training SF military. Again though more time is spent on tactics weaponry and proper support than getting in H2H.

I have had MCMAP and SF play against me at the gym in all areas of fighting. The only person who was really good was the SF instructor due to prior training in MMA wrestling Judo and BJJ and being an athletic specimen. None of them were able to impose themselves on me with the skills they learned from the military. Quite frankly most of their technique was horrible due to inadequate training principles and time.

Your MA talk guy is able to say these things because he knows a few tricks that work against guys who do not know **** and when he does get tested by someone he reverts to the "yea but if I allowed to go full out I would hurt you to bad, excuse." I usually respond to this by saying. "Would you like to try your luck with me outside on the concrete?" Being that it is after I have tossed them around a few times I get a no answer.

So yea he is right that if you crush the knee poke the eye and smash the larynx you can "win". Since you can't train it you may never know. Fortunately I train stuff I know I can do and that work quite well in virtually any H2H situation. I do not have to believe a technique will work I know it works.

So the secret to H2H training in the military. Its for the exact same reasons we do it as civilians physical fitness, confidence, and basic fighting skills. So now the big secret is out I hope I am not scooped up in a black SUV now.
    Thanks Coach, that was a good post.

I have to think that if, once they're taught these things, they went back and intergrated it into weekly activity like p.t then the proficiency level would rise.

Now the helicopters, dogs, and men in black suits will be along with you shortly.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast