Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 9:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She was busy experimenting with Moondragon.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 9:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, that's almost like sleeping with Madonna ;)
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    5/08/2011 8:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Neither:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hulk-Gray-Jeph-Loeb/dp/0785113142

Mr. Fixit is my favorite Hulk persona.
    You intrigue me. I will check that out. Here it is for everyone else too.

http://rapidshare.com/files/198593399/Hulk_Gray.rar

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/08/2011 8:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sale and Loeb's Hulk: Gray was better than Spiderman: Blue but not as good as Daredevil: Yellow.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/10/2011 12:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw Thor over the weekend and it's definitely worth watching in the theatre if you enjoy comic book movies. It's certainly not a great movie, but it is good, it is entertaining and it is a fun popcorn flick. I didn't read a lot of Thor comics as a kid but I read several issues, enough to know what Thor was about, and I thought it was going to be difficult to make a movie about a Norse God from another realm, but really all involved did a pretty good job of translating the source material to the big screen.

The whole movie does a good job of being unabashadly geeky and it's really quite funny so it basically doesn't take itself too seriously. The character of Thor comes across as a genuinely good guy who's a bit arrogant and reckless at first and undergoes a character transformation over the course of the film. The actor playing him seems to be having a great time with the part throughout the movie so it's hard not to sympathize with Thor whether he's being an idiot or being responsible because let's face it, he's a cool crazy Viking God! There isn't a lot of room given for development of the supporting characters but the actors do a decent enough job with the screen time and lines they are given.

There are a number of fun action sequences and I actually thought the set design and costumes of Asgard were pretty cool although the people I went to the movie with preferred the scenes that took place on Earth a lot more, which is understandable as Asgard is a bit "out there" for people who have no familiarity with the source material.

The bottom line though is that it's probably a B+ or A- movie for a comic genre film, but it's visually pretty cool and that's the kind of movie I like to see in the theatres. It's obviously not an acting-driven drama Indie flick, so as long as you are in the mood for a fun popcorn comic action flick I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

Posted On:
    5/10/2011 6:06am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Thor was great! ...and not just because it had Natalie Portman in it.

Visually it was very slick (I work in Visual Effects btw.), early scenes in shiny, spotless Asgard do recall the camp flourishes of Flash Gordon, particularly when Anthony Hopkins struts around as ruler Odin in gold armour and piratical eye-patch.

Far better than Favraus Iron Man Films (which were ok), the most problematic hurdle in The Avengers’ path is cleared with ease and some style by a film that makes a virtue of its inherent silliness.

You’re up, Captain America.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/11/2011 11:03am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This flick was awesome. Not in a "it move me in my inside parts way," but in a "holy shot Thor is badass" way. One of the hardest things to do is convey the power level he has without squashing the story. Branagh knows how to do dynastic drama, and manages to make Thor vulnerable without nerfing all the things that make Thor awesome.

Thor is an arrogant twit and is readily outmaneuvered by anyone with a brain. It's a tragic flaw and is well-handled by branagh.

The action was insane, the script adequate, the performances excellent, and the film made this fanboy very happy.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2011 4:07pm

Style: Judo, MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the movie was pretty awesome (im biased cuz i love almost anything comic book related), but the reason this movie was great in my book, was because my girlfriend stated that she actually liked the film and could follow the backstory, mythology, and the plot easily without needing any further explanations. Shes usually the type of person who usually gets confused during movies and we need to pause/explain it to her...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2011 11:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah one thing about Thor (the movie) is that it's a pretty darn good family movie because it's going to be at least entertaining to most all people. Guy are going to like it because it's got Natalie Portman in it and Thor crushinating bad guyz with Mjolnir, kids are going to like it because it has lots of Thor crushinating action scenes, girls are going to like it because Thor walks around with his shirt off and is absurdly ripped, everyone is going to like that it's funny, the dorky LARPer set is going to love the way the movie revels in dorkiness, all Marvel fans are going to love how well they translated Thor to the movies, blah blah blah go see it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345