Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212728293031 32 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2005 6:55pm

Style: PersonalDefenseReadiness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so, that wonderful clip is waiting for download - http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3B...V1D2AA3S2TBVQV - thank god that I collect stuff like that :glasses1:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 12:38am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That clip is pure gold.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 12:39am

Style: Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm It looks like some of the systema guys went to a Throwdown and did pretty good for themselves....but don't take my word for it.....

http://www.russianmartialart.org.uk/page53.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 12:45am

Style: Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pluss you can see these guys in the UK throwdown clip in the video clip section... you guessed it right here on bullsido.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 12:55am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Better clips

Those clips are a lot better. Watching them you get the feeling you're actually getting a glimpse of a fighting drill. Usually it's just Vlad performing for the camera. It would be nice to see a clip of systema in a mma match. I've just heard too much psychic energy stuff to believe it was just a misunderstanding on my part.

Jman- I didn't wanna bring this up when KFS was making fun of it (usually he's the best troll on the net), but how did that Chicago fellow get involved in a knife fight? Reading the articles didn't leave the impression he was the type to get involved in that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 3:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "So Systema guys are able to take full hits from someone like Ronin or his training partners?"

Be interesting to try. We have some heavy hitters in class. The first in in this clip, for example, is a boxer and pro doorman. There are also 3 MMA guys in the clip - I think one of them is cage fighting in a couple of weeks time.

http://www.systemauk.com/video/NBLIN.WMV

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 6:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I blame myself.
    It seems I was not to clear on why I was asking to see clips of Systema in a full contact match.

Allow me to clear things up.

I have NO issue with systema, other than I have YET to see it in a full contact/hard contact match between fighters or against another type of fighter.

From what I have seen, the limited clips and the classes I saw in Thornhill, systems seesm to be designed to be used against systema.

I have a hard time seeing it being effective against a trained fighter.

That is why I would like to see it in a full contact enviroment against an opponent that is there to fight, not train.

I woudl like to reserve judgement untill I see that.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 6:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobP
    "So Systema guys are able to take full hits from someone like Ronin or his training partners?"

Be interesting to try. We have some heavy hitters in class. The first in in this clip, for example, is a boxer and pro doorman. There are also 3 MMA guys in the clip - I think one of them is cage fighting in a couple of weeks time.

http://www.systemauk.com/video/NBLIN.WMV

Hmmm, maybe its my boxing background, but I cringe everytime I see wide ass haymakers like that...Yes, I understand the popint of the blindfolded drill and that the haymakers make it so the more area is covered in protection, but still I see the vast majority of punches being like that, blindfolded or not.

Why?

As for the punching/absorbing drills, dude, you shoudl check out a Traditonal Goju or kyokushin conditoning session, THOSE are full power shots to the body and legs, sometimes ie: more often than not, with a shiai ( bamboo sword).
    If you can see the fist/limb, its NOT full speed.

I had a shito-ryu instructor, he would get us to hit him full force, full speed in the body with punches and kicks, we would all be tired out before him !

That type of conditoing is not new nor exclusive to systema.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 9:09am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, are there any clips of Systema practioners sparring at full speed with hard contact?

I'm not talking about Vlad throwing around a n00b, but, say, two intermediate to advanced students fighting at or near full power.

This question is not rhetorical; I would honestly like to see clilps that show something other than drills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 1:43pm

Style: PersonalDefenseReadiness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ garbanzo :
    dude, trust me - there is no clip like that available ... at least not public...
    I know most of the Systema clips that were released in the last 2 1/2 years - and a clip that fits your description is not there.

The closest thing to that might be the throwdown-clips that were posted here elsewere....
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212728293031 32 LastLast