Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 9:39pm

Style: systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, the guy Furtry is talking about is named Joel. I saw him beat Sato [edit - or was that Sakurai? gettin' old...] at the Rickson invitational in Toronto.
    Last edited by jellyman; 3/16/2004 10:02pm at .

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 9:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is that supposed to be about? Looks like a pankration match to me. I couldn't even tell who that was supposed to be on the clips. And furthermore, I didn't see any of the stupid techniques from the original fat guy video posted on this thread used in either clip. Where is the stare-down takedown defense? Where are the no-touch hand waving techniques that make people fall on the ground?

Right. . . About this Sato guy, see my previous post on that subject.
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " And furthermore, I didn't see any of the stupid techniques from the original fat guy video posted on this thread used in either clip. "

Systema is not about techniques, but movement. That is beginner's systema. And the systema guy in both clips starts out from the left. To get to where MR is at, you're talking decades.

Further, the first clip is full of stuff you'd see on Vlad's H2H video tape.

Details of what specifically you can find listed from entry # 9 over here.

http://groups.msn.com/RMAHamilton/videoclips.msnw

LOL @ Joel getting paid. Double LOL @ Sato taking a dive for Joel.

Since obviously anything you see on a clip is ineffective or faked according to your own august authority, I see little point in continuing this discussion. Perhaps one day you will test it in RL. Perhaps you will will cast aspersions over the ether. No matter, David Chappelle is coming on soon, and I have better things to do.

Chemist

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't want to get into this because I'm sure I'll get flamed but....... the video may only be showing half the story. Yes, the attackers do look like they're attacking poorly and not resisting, but I've heard some stories about systema demos. The attackers may be throwing themselves because of "implied atemi" in that they know that they are opened up for a strike so instead they throw themselves. I heard that at one of the demos the guy was showing a technique where he was defending himself against a basic chudan tsuki, he asked his volunteer to punch him and without warning planted the atemi and of course the volunteer got knocked/struck down. Again he did this and again he hit the agressor in the face. So the third time he did this when the attacker saw that he was once again open for the strike he moved and broke his own balance which then went into the rest of the technique/pin/etc. So really what we're not seeing on the video may be the strike that causes kuzushi. the attackers having probably been drilled by this guy multiple times know better and just take the fall/throw/etc. Of course all of that was just "anus extractus" so take that with a grain of salt
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ability to disable an attacker without touching him.

Brilliant.

And they are so generous that they would rather sell that unbelievable power to me for $100 over two days than they would to police departments and governments around the planet.

I salute Systema.

Chemist

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW systema looks a little like aikido, therefore it sux and shouldn't be practiced by anybody.......is that passive/agressive enough for ya? :)
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Amp
    The ability to disable an attacker without touching him.

Brilliant.
    haha, right there i imagined the two guys from the Guiness commercial.

Drink Guiness from a bottle? BRILLIANT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 10:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Te No Kage just gave the same explanation from the Video (almost) - you evade danger. The difference is in systema you don't drill the same movement over and over again, but you learn through experience to recognize where you can be hit and if it's coming. So, no, not constant drills of the same movement, but a general recognition of when you must chose between a hit and a roll. If you chose not to roll, and you can't evade or block, well... you get hit. Like that guy with the knife - he was pretty punchy after that demo (some teeth got chipped, too).
    Last edited by jellyman; 3/17/2004 10:38am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we to understand, then, that these videos do not demonstrate some internal psychic enegergy being used to defeat opponents?

But rather, that these videos show people who, off camera, have been dazed through actual physical contact and are now avoiding that contact, choosing to fall rather than get hit?
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Are we to understand, then, that these videos do not demonstrate some internal psychic enegergy being used to defeat opponents?"

Yes, that is correct

Article about Systema video clips in general
    http://www.systemauk.com/art11.htm

Article about "empty force"
    http://www.systemauk.com/art7.htm

More video clips of various types of work
    http://www.systemauk.com/video2.htm
    http://www.systemauk.com/video.htm
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast