http://www.rochesteraikido.com/media/short.mpg

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systema clips are always good for a laugh.
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:22pm

Style: c

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys that is a great clip. That's me doing the knife attacks :D
    The guy being knocked over with out being touched, in the sleeveless shirt and gi pants, is a full contact MMA fighter (forgot his name) who beat Sakuraba in rings and has a few other victories in Japan and in the same circuit that Bas Ruten fought in. And used to be Carlos Newton’s training partner at the Samurai club (when it was the Samurai club) in North York Toronto Ontario.
    Have to read the E-budo threat before I can comment. Thanks.

Just looked at the thread... man that is along one but is old news. To sumize go to page 4 and read the last 3or 4 posts.

Thanks to this board for keeping it real.
    Last edited by Furtry; 3/16/2004 3:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:39pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never felt it, but most people find clips like that laughable because a lot of it is obviously questionable. It's important to keep in mind however that at least half of how something appears on video is how the technique is being recieved. Most members here seem to assume that if the aggressor doesn't wildly attempt to plow through everything the demonstration has no merit.

Heaven forbid they try to make intelligent (read safe) attacks: As mentioned in the linked e-budo thread, the people being "thrown" are trying to recover to a better attack position because the demonstrator has displaced to superior ground. I can only guess that their method of doing so looks overly flashy to people who can't tumble. It IS a better option than running headlong onto a concealed knife.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did you ever survive?

Your chi must be crazy strong.
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Allot of the rolling is for self-preservation. Once I get my personal tapes back from the ex-wife (she's screening them to make sure there is no amateur stuff of us on there;) ) I'll show you guys a full on fight.

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by garbanzo
    How did you ever survive?

Your chi must be crazy strong.
    No chi/ki or any of that bullshit involved. But my attacks were real. After giving him a warm up I started to test him. There is clip on my site where a guy tries it for real with Mikhail. But that has been discussed here, do a search.

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh. . .MY. . . GOD. . . Why do so many Bullshit practicioners have to be fatasses? "You will get great knowledge, feel amazed and inspired by a true master of fighting." Uh, yeah. More like a true master of porking massive quantities of piroshki. That was definitely the lamest and most unbelievable demonstration of useless crap I've seen in about a month. And for being on Bullshido.com regularly, that says a LOT.

What is the absurd explanation for why the "attackers" fall to the ground without him even touching him? Are his size 40 camoflauge pants magical? Did he pass gas as they came near?

His "psychic energy" bullshit really disappoints me. Couldn't these morons have spent a little bit more time coming up with this crap and make it seem just a tiny bit believable? I'd rather learn "fighting" from a 5'4" 300 pound NINJA in a pink gi than from this loser. And if you don't understand that comment, read my sig.
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 4:10pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the absurd explanation for why the "attackers" fall to the ground without him even touching him? Are his size 40 camoflauge pants magical? Did he pass gas as they came near?
    I already said:
    As mentioned in the linked e-budo thread, the people being "thrown" are trying to recover to a better attack position because the demonstrator has displaced to superior ground. I can only guess that their method of doing so looks overly flashy to people who can't tumble. It IS a better option than running headlong onto a concealed knife.

Furty already said:
    Allot of the rolling is for self-preservation.

and that e-budo thread has a very extensive discussion on the topic. A lot of the psychic technobabble stuff is pretty unbelievable, but we have no context as to what it is supposed to be in the video. It might have some significance to systema people *that the seminar and video is targeted at*, and I've never heard a systema student make anything but reasonable claims as to when and why it has value in their training.

His videos DO often look silly, but I think its just as pathetic to sit around making each other feel better about yourselves by coming up with new insults for things you know nothing about. There is a great deal of information that addresses your statements already.

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His "psychic energy" bullshit really disappoints me. Couldn't these morons have spent a little bit more time coming up with this crap and make it seem just a tiny bit believable? I'd rather learn "fighting" from a 5'4" 300 pound NINJA in a pink gi than from this loser. And if you don't understand that comment, read my sig.
    Can you tell me of what type of psychic bullshit would impress you?
    I see you’re in Seattle, go to a seminar coming in your area, put on by one of Vlads students. Maybe then you'll learn how to avoid jumping under a bandwagon.
    :rolleyes: moron:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Furtry; 3/16/2004 4:29pm at .
Page 1 of 32 1 234511 ... LastLast