Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 11:51pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What's your diet

Briefly describe your typical diet for an average day. Followed by what part of your diet you are trying to improve on as well as any tips or specific foods you may recommended for highly active hard training martial artists or athletes. If you have a simple meal or recipe favorites please list them here.

Personally
    My breakfasts: always include fresh fruit which is either accompanied by a couple scrambled eggs or some greek yogurt.

snack 1: could be a whey shake, or more frequently... 2/3rds of a cup on nuts mixed with dried cranberries or dates

Lunch: can be anything from large salads with tuna, to turkey sandwiches loaded with veggies. Frequently have sweet potatoes which i microwave.

snack 2: could range from fruit vegies, pretzels with hummus, more yogurt, cheddar cheese etc:

Dinner: whatever my mom fixes, usually relatively healthy, frequently its grilled chicken with rice or pasta, or different cassaroles. Always includes a vegetable and protein

Snack 3: could be another protein shake, more vegetables, maybe a peanut butter sandwich.

Note: all my protein shakes are usually 1 scoop of standard whey mixed with water or milk. I feel I have a very healthy diet and I always feel full of energy, I also recover well from workouts and have no problem putting on mass if I so choose. I'm at a very healthy weight(155 at 5ft 9in) but am trying to get a little more cut and ripped plus I need to loose about five pounds for my MMA debut coming up later this summer( I plan to loose five to seven pounds before cutting to 145). I eat healthy foods but I have a hard time eating less of them, I'm looking to discover more highly fulfilling low calorie foods for someone like me. One thing I think I should do is cut down on my grains a bit, but its so hard!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 12:32am

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on an ideal day:

(mind you my lunch and breakfast are very close together because of my sleep schedule and what i have to do during the day, so i make up for it with snacks during the day).

breakfast: protein shake immediately upon waking, let it set for a few. Oatmeal with fruit if we have any.

Lunch: Open face over easy egg sandwich (shut the **** up, if you haven't tried it don't talk **** about it lol) containing whole grain or wheat bread, cheese, fat free mayo, tomato if we have it, and turkey, 2 egg whites and 1 yolk.

Snack 1: yogurt and fruit, a protein shake and fruit, cottage cheese, basically w/e high protein item we have around.

Snack 2: (more like a mini meal) brown rice, tuna with fat free mayo, green beans or broccoli

Dinner: W/e's been cooked, we generally eat some kind of chicken, fish, a potato or rice, broccoli and tomato salad, sometimes giant grilled portobellas (i will supplement with some kind of protein if we eat this), etc etc. Very rarely do we eat crappy.

Snack 3 (before bed): cottage cheese, oatmeal, sometimes a shake if we're out of cheese.

Obviously i supplement in other things as needed, i eat some junk, sometimes i can't manage to eat this every day (sometimes i'm at the gym for hours at a time training clients or myself). On gym days i have another shake and granola bars and/or chocolate milk after my workouts, on martial arts days i'll have a shake right after my workout as well.

Om nom nom protein.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 1:06am

Style: BJJ & MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently discovered I have celiac disease, and I liked what I read about the Paleo diet so that's what I'm on. It's working very well for me so far, I lost 10 lbs in about 3 weeks, of course that's combined with riding my bike to and from BJJ 2 nights a week and MMA class one night a week, which is mostly hitting pads for about 1.5 hrs (read INTENSE cardio.)

Breakfast is a five-egg omelet or just a scramble with spices. Lately I've been on a black beans & corn kick (neither are strictly paleo), so that's what I've been throwing in. When I'm lucky enough to have leftovers in the house that I can eat, I tend to just throw those in instead.

Lunch used to be a big turkey burger and some kind of vegetable, but I'm sick of turkey. Now it's a giant salad with lettuce I pick myself from our garden, a carrot from the same, tomato, and whatever other fresh veggies we have around. Today that was bell peppers and jicama. Did I mention I'm on a black beans and corn kick lately? In they went...

Dinner is a bit of a wild card. Sometimes my mom cooks stuff I can't eat. When that happens I usually have another salad. I try to have one meal a day, usually dinner, contain meat. In the salads this manifests as a (large) can of chicken or a can of smoked wild caught salmon. Tonight it was a chicken breast, 3-4 small baked potatoes, and a giant section of broccoli floret.

Nighttime snack is a small bowl of mixed nuts and raisins, plus whatever dried fruit we have that I like. Frequent choices are mango, dates, unsulfured apricots.

I'll typically have about 3 pieces of fresh fruit during the day as a snack, and sometimes I'll have one bowl of nuts earlier in the day and one after dinner. When I'm studying I like to swap out the dried fruit for chocolate chips.

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 2:55am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I currently gorge myself on delicious curries, meats, rice dishes and other Thai foods. I drink sweetened iced tea, iced coffees and weird soda-juice-things. I eat 3+ meals a day, whenever I'm hungry basically and for as much as I want. I am eating ice cream about 4 times a week and other sweets the rest of the time. I have, on said diet, lost 10 kilos in a few weeks.

This will no doubt help any of you (I had a huge bowl of rat nah/sweet noodles with an ice cream for lunch and might get some fries in a bit), but I guess you should know that if you're a lazy fatass than you can just move to Thailand and go down a pants size in less than a month

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 3:27am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paleo again. Chilli with an egg on top for breakfast today :)
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 3:51am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me its oatmeal with 2-3 servings of fruit and a glass of 2% milk every morning, six days a week. Lunch typically consists of three tuna sandwiches on seven grain or whole wheat bread with raw vegetables with non-sweetened iced tea or water, also six days a week. Dinner is very large portions of a meat dish and some sort of rice dish with 2% milk as my beverage. Sundays I eat whatever the **** I want. The large portions of food is balanced out by daily running and jiu jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 4:07am

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paleolithic diet for me with the exception of added whey protein. It's pretty manageable and works in with the rest of the family too.

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 11:02am

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beer and twinkies.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 3:22pm

Style: Judo, MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont forget about National Donut Day in the US on Friday 06/03

My meals are:
    Breakfast: one of the following
    a) yogurt + Cottage cheese with dried fruit
    b) sausage + eggs + whole wheat bread
    c) oatmeal with fresh fruit

Lunch:
    Whatever I had for dinner the night before (leftovers)

Snack:
    Banana/other fruit + nuts

Post Workout:
    Protein Shake mixed with milk

Dinner:
    Whatever we have cooked (very random) with a glass of milk

Snack:
    Fruit (watermelon is in season now!)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 7:18pm

Style: BJJ & MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @SoulMechanic: All that tuna is probably giving you too much mercury. Consider cutting back on the fish.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast