Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2011 2:26am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

C0WB0Y's North American Roundup

So I'll be traveling all over North America this year which unfortunately will keep me from training at home. However, I'm hoping to turn this into an opportunity to really pick up some new skills. I primarily practice Judo, BJJ and wrestling. I really do like to trane UFC as well.

If anyone is interested in training or if you just know of a good gym in one of the cities I am traveling to, please give me a shout out in this thread. My tentative travel plans are as follows:

May 5-8 Barksdale AFB

May 12-15 Indianapolis, IN

June 2-5 Ellsworth AFB

June 9-12 Bagotaville, Quebec

June 23-26 Wendover, Utah

June 27-28 VEGAS BABY!!!

June 30 - July 3 Traverse City, Michigan

July 7 -10 Cape Girardeau

July 14 - 17 Gary, Indiana

July 21-23 Peoria , IL

July 25 - 31 Oshkoshm Wisconsin

August 4-7 Binghamton

August 16-28 Atlantic City

August 19-21 Lancaster, PA

September 1-5 Toronto

September 8-11 Pittsburgh

September 15-18 Ocean City NJ

September 22-25 NAS Oceana, VA

October 6-9 Peachtree, Georgia

November 3-6 Cocoa Beach, FL

November 10-13 Stuart, FL

Hope to see you all soon!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2011 1:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got super tied up last week at Barksdale Air Force Base and wasn't able to make time to train anywhere.

However, today I popped into American Top Team of Indianapolis to train with Carlos Diaz and his crew.

As expected, the guys at ATT are the utmost professionals and total gentleman. Not only were they more than welcoming to me, they were also very accommodating to one of my teammates who has never trained before a day in his life.

We got in some great drills, had some excellent instruction and had some wonderful rolling. I couldn't be more pleased. Good times all around!!

Next stop is a show that just got added in St. Augustine, Florida from June 26-29. Who's in??

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/14/2011 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Texas wtf? Anyway in St. Augustine Phil Cardella runs a gym there, tell him Kyle said hey.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2011 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    St. Augustine was great.

On Thursday I stopped in at Fighting Chance Fitness.

http://www.fightingchancebjj.com/

It's a SUPER CLEAN facility with nice mats surrounded by cage wall. They have some nice depth to their team with quite a few advanced guys. We did some drills and rolled HARD. I really got in a good sweat. As expected, everyone was really nice and was more than welcoming.

On Friday I checked out the local Relson Gracie school run by WEC vet anbd 2nd Degree Black Belt Phil Cardella. The academy had just opened not more than 40 days before. The instruction was amazing although the overall talent pool was inexperienced. Phil definitely is one of the better instructors I've had the opportunity to work with. The majority of practice was more technical and less physical, but Phil kicked my ass up & down the mat a few times at the end of practice to make sure I felt I got in a good enough workout.

Phil was also good enough to take me and one of my co-pilots surfing the next morning, which was really appreciated. In turn, I invited him and his gf to hang out on the flight line with us at the air show. I'm really looking forward to basing out of St. Augustine later this winter after the season ends.

Anyhow, this Thursday I'm off to Ellsworth Air Force Base just outside of Rapid City. Anyone know of a good place to train there? Then Saturday night we're flying to Rockford, IL to cover for the Blue Angels since they're grounded after last week's incident. Any good gyms there??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 9:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, this past weekend was a double-header between Ellsworth Air Force Base outside Rapid City, SD and Rockford, IL because the Blue Angels are grounded and we had to cover for them in IL.

Unfortunately due to my work schedule, I didn't get to train in Rockford. But in Rapid City I visited Dynamic Martial Arts.

http://www.dmajujitsu.com/

They teach Jukite JuJitsu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shorin Ryu Karate, Modern Arnis, Muay Thai Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts. Again, due to my work schedule, I was oly able to drop in on their Jukite JuJitsu class which a type of Japanese Jiu Jitsu. I had never done this before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was kinda like Karate & Aikido had a baby who picked up a little Judo. I spent most of the class helping one of their Purple belts learn some Judo throws for his upcoming Brown Belt exam. Then we rolled a bit. I crushed on everyone, but to be honest, I was much larger and more experienced than the rest of the class. I hope next year I can catch their BJJ or MMA practice.

Here's a pic of me and their head coach, Josh Usera:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 9:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm off to Bagotville, Quebec this Thursday morning and for the life of me I cannot find ANYWHERE to train. Will one of you pussies step up and get on the mat with me?? I'm growing weary of having to hunt down schools.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 10:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cowboy what do you for a job? Some kind of stunt pilot?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 10:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm on the Heavy Metal Jet Team.

I'm the world's only Professional Cage Fighter Pilot.

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 10:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice, your kids must think you're a fucking super hero.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2011 10:44am

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you're in Cape Girardeau, you should check out either http://www.stcharlesmma.com/ in St. Charles, or http://www.submissionjiujitsu.com/ in Fenton (both schools are part of Team Vaghi). Both are phenomenal schools that train professional fighters. I don't live there any more, but I never had a bad experience with team Vaghi.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast