--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

pulled groin or inguinal hernia?

last monday I practiced a lot of 50/50 guard (which is new to me) and countering the deep halfguard during live grappling. No instant pain was felt during the course of any of my matches.

I went home and noticed a big red stretch mark between my leg and groin, right about were my cup sits on the left side. By wednesday I had a lot of pain and swelling in my lower abdomen area and also in my upper inner thigh leading up to the stretch mark.

Over a week later and the swelling has gone down a little, but now the stretch mark is burning and itching, and the swollen area on my lower abdomen only hurts like a bruise when I put pressure on it.

there was a highly annoying pain on my left testicle up until about 5 days ago and is now pretty much non-existent.

Tomorrow is the doctor's appointment.

anybody have any ideas as to what I should expect or good questions I can ask the doc?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask for a referral for an ultrasound if the Dr doesn't suggest it. Could be a muscular or ligament strain/tear, but given the lack of pain during the activity my money is on a hernia which can be relatively painless and due to straining.
    If you have done a hernia then request a young surgeon who does a mesh repair rather than stitches.

Dingbat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, just read it in more detail...
    Seems possible that you may simply have caused yourself some injury with your cup. Not common for a hernia to occur with the "stretch mark", although not impossible either, especially with a low bodyfat percentage.

Still ask for the ultrasound though as most other signs point toward hernia.

Dingbat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
    If you have done a hernia then request a young surgeon who does a mesh repair rather than stitches.
    If you do require surgery, this is good advice from my experience.