--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Specific Stretches

I recently had an arm bar injury that last a couple of weeks. The gym's massage therapist finally had a look at me and fixed me up nice and good. But along the way I've realized I don't know the first thing about stretching. I always did it before jiu-jitsu but I realized all those stretches I learned in high school gym are no good.

I've read the thread on stretching and now have a better idea of what stretching is and what it does but I still don't know what are the specific stretches and how to preform them properly.

Where can I find a tutorial on good stretching? I'm weary of just doing a Google search as it might turn up bad results and due to my lack of knowledge, I wouldn't even be able to distinguish good from bad. But I'm taking stretching far more seriously now since I don't ever want an injury like I just had impede me for 2 weeks.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i have to agree here with you and it is almost correct. And i do stretching before start of my game and it helps me out in warming up my body.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    plenty of books on the subject, "stretching scientifically " by Thomas Kurz worked for me, but might be a bit dated now.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bob63 View Post
    plenty of books on the subject, "stretching scientifically " by Thomas Kurz worked for me, but might be a bit dated now.
    Dated as in the information is outdated? Or that it is just old and hard to find?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're looking for free information, I use this site. It gives different excerises and stretches for each body part, with some decent photos.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Youtube is the best streching source our days. Take a look at elasticsteel channel.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yoga flame. srs yoga is good. there are many god stretching program as well.

but yoga itself could provide strength, flexibility and mobility.