Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 1:11pm

Style: Earth DragonMMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Females and MMA

I haven't been on this site all that long, so I'm not sure who does what yet. (martial art wise.....) :eek:
    So the best way to find out is ask.

Do any or the female members do MMA??? Do you do it for self defense purposes, or do you compte?

We have 3 levels:
    1. Grappling to submission, no striking.

2.Full contact while standing/no head contact, plus grappling to submission; no striking on the ground.

3.vale tudo....striking on the ground as well as standing up, grappling to submission.

I have 2 daughters, ages 13 and 15. They both roll. I let them do level 2 and 3 sometimes, but that is so risky for kids. So we only do those levels on rare occasions.

Its funny how some people react to "gurls" grappling. :rolleyes:
    Some of them think its improper, inappropriate. I try and explain that when my daughter is cranking on a straight arm bar, or tightening a naked choke, the last thing a boy is thinking about are boobies and booty. Before the match, or after it, maybe....but when he's starting to see stars, he ain't thinking about romance!!!

So I guess the whole gist of this , is that I would appreciate it if any of you female-types who roll or do vale-tudo would consider sharing any tips I can pass on to my kids (the 13 yr. old is "aka yari") or, if you're close by, consider rolling with my muttlings. As you know, the more folks you roll with, the better you get.

My girls are going to the UK this Summer, for a grappling and Level 2 tournament. They are probably going to roll against boys, as there aren't that many young ladies in the UK that do this. They need some tuning up.

I'm hosting a "throwdown" here on 10 April.
    Feel free to come on out.

Thanks

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Debi Purcell

www.fightergirls.net

go to the forums and ask.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 4:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. It's great to know my 2 mutt-girls are not alone, but it still seems that there ain't tons of women slamming the mats. We only know 3....my kids and a 23 year old.

I am laughing my ass off at your "avatar".....I'm not exactaly sure what it is,,,,looks like 2 banannas doing the jack-nasty. Where did you find that???.....it's too wak. I love it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 1:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's exactly what it is, I cruise the web to find stuff like that. Anyway, my daughter has already started doing this stuff and she's only 2.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    3/17/2004 1:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad you are teaching them at 13 and 15.

That way in their teen years and later in life they'll be in shape AND they won't have to worry about boys.

And they'll be able to beat up women that you can't hit for you!
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2004 10:19am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did some grappling with a girl once. It was kinda tough because its hard to get her down without accidentally grabbbing her boobs. And she got mad at me because she thought I kept doing it on purpose. Hey, they were 36-D, what do you expect?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/22/2004 1:45pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe I didn't mention this, but I've been teaching my sister grappling and standup since she was 14. She's 21 now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2004 2:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we went to NAGA in Bayone this past saturday, and the girls competing were spectacular!!!!!

and crazycarl, 36D boobs are just a blessing from the gods.....as long as the fight is legit, boobies are just something to get past! LOL...(i love big boobies)....
    BUT
    when a girl is trying to tear ones arm off, or stop the flow of blood to your brain, titties are the LAST thing on ones mind.....(no its not....all us guys EVER think about are "titties and beer")
    But its up to the instructor to keep things on an even-keel.

My girls menace the guys, and even roll with BIG grown men (200+ lbs.) and at least hold their own...(I think theres a dirty joke lurking there) But they do. If a fellow gets too touchy, they will stop, get up, and slap him in his food-hole, call him a dick, and find someone else to roll with.