Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mosley vs Wright

Did anybody watch Mosley get absolutely taken apart the other night (Sat.)?

He barely won 2 rounds of the 12 and was running for his life much of the fight. He showed that he has a solid chin and is tough as nails but he was outclassed in every way by Winky Wright.

After the second or the third round, it was obvious that Mosley was confused and disheartened. He expected to be the stronger of the two but he looked small standing in front of Wright.

Wright used his superior height and strength to pummel Mosely with his southpaw jab. When Mosley did close the distance, Wright defended masterfully, easily absorbing Mosley's blows with his gloves and forearms before countering with resounding straight lefts and right crosses.
    Wright never strayed from his game plan the entire fight, round after round he walked Mosley down and defended brilliantly before opening up on a visibly frustrated Mosely.

Mosely only flirted with winning the fight briefly in rounds 5 and 6 when Wright appeared to gas and Mosely landed several right hooks in succession. Once again however, Wright's defense proved up to task and he was able to avoid taking any real damage.

The fight ended with an exciting 12 round with Mosley and Wright both flurrying and landing. When the bell rang, however, there was no doubt as to the judge's decision. Wright's corner had consistently warned him throughout the night about the judge's love affair with Mosley in Vegas but Wright's performance ensured the only questionable decision was Mosley's choice to step up in weight.
    Last edited by kismasher; 3/16/2004 2:03pm at .

Marasmos

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw most of the fight (starting with round 4).

Mosley got absolutely dismantled. Wright obviously has a better game plan, neutralized Shane's offence well, and lit him up with some viscious hooks.
    You say what about my rice?

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 2:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mosley sucks. he didn't win decisively against de la hoya, and wright kicked his ass. go winky.

anyone see the undercard? vassily jirov lost a unianimous decision to mesi, but he's still one of my favorite fighters. he won the first round, got hurt in the second and basically got destroyed until the eighth when he knocked mesi down, and then knocked mesi down twice and almost KO'ed him in the 10th and final round. if there was one more round jirov would have won or tied, all 3 judges scored it 94-93 counting round 1, 8, 9 for jirov and all the rest for mesi. jirov is one tough dude and he had the heart to make a massacre into a close fight and almost KO that bum mesi.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, jirov vs. mesi was great. i was hopin jirov was gonna get his ass, mesi got real lucky. a inch or two is all that saved his ass from taking a nap. also, mesi kept back handing jirov and only got warned once, i thought that was pretty shitty.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jirov fight was awesome. Only saw bits and pieces of Mosley vs. Wright
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jirov is a real man. was that his first fight at heavyweight?

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, sure was.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Marasmos

Posted On:
    3/16/2004 3:10pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was one frustrating fight to watch. I was rooting for Jirov from the start, as fellow Russian, and the whole thing was a fucking emotional rollercoaster. The first round was great, followed by many rounds of pain, and then hope in 8th, more hope in the 9th, and then disappointment at the end. I actually thought that Jirov could have gotten a descision with his complete dominance in the 9th. In any case, a good fight. He'll be back.
    You say what about my rice?