Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 8:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kwa Asilia Avita Sanaa

Hey,

So, while I was looking for yet another kindergarten joke to troll the racism thread, I found this:

http://www.africanmartialarts.8m.com/

The page is horribly messed up, but their facebook presentation is a bit more clear:

The World African American Shadow Boxing Health and Fitness Association School of Mixed Martial Arts is our school name and Kwa Asilia Avita Sanaa (The Original Martial Art) is our style or system. An African American Martial Art that teaches mixed martial arts or MMA for self-defense, fitness or sport and at the higher levels teaches and emphasizes breathing, meditation, basic healing and energy cultivation for the mental and spiritual practice that brings about a higher state of mind and conciousness. Grandmaster Rogers is the founder of Kwa Asilia Avita Sanaa (The Original Martial Art), a reorganization of the ancient Kemetic martial arts depicted on the tomb of Ramessu III in Kemet (Ancient Egypt)1080 B.C.E and others like the "Beni Hassan. As well as the early African American skills of knocking and kicking, bondage fighting, fighting with cane knives, hoes, clubs, and the guerrilla tactics, used by escaping African freedom fighters like those envolved with The Underground Railroad and other successful rebellions and maroon colonies in North America. It is also used as a tribute to and as remembrance of the African Holocaust of Enslavement. Our grappling is call African Kimarekani Mkazo Ncha Shikana (African American Pressure Point Grappling) or Martian Luther King Jr. movements also "Montu is the Neter of warfare in Kemet that predates the god Mars. Martial arts is a description of the fighting methods honoring the Roman god Mars". by Dr. Ahmses Maat http://www.africanmartialarts.8m.com http://www.facebook.com/africanamericanshadowboxing
    (Quotes from https://www.facebook.com/africanamericanshadowboxing, highlights by me.)

They also sport a myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/africanamericanmartialart

And a youtube channel, of which I'm not sure which of the videos are really their own:

http://www.youtube.com/mfalmebwana#p/u/60/HeRdkNrZgnE

Right now, I don't have the time to wade through all the content they have put online, but at least the basic bits sound rather bizarre.

Yours,

Rafe

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 8:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The person, "Dr. Ahmses Maat", mentioned in the facebook description,
    seems to be the same that operates this internet page:

http://www.docmaat.com/index.htm

Biography taken from: http://www.docmaat.com/about.htm

EDUCATION
    September 2000 Metaphysical Institute Of Higher Learning, - Doctorate of Metaphysics. -7540 Cram Rd, Hld, CA. 92346 – (909)-864-8740
    December 1991 Northeastern University - Post Bachelorate Certificate- Perfusion – 360 Huntington Ave, Bstn, MA. 02115- (617)-373-3666
    March 1988 Georgia State University - BS Degree Respiratory Care - P.O. Box 3965, Atl, GA. 30302 - (404) 651-2000
    May 1980 Community College of Allegheny County - AS Degree Respiratory Care- 808 Ridge Ave, Pgh, PA. 15212 - (412) 237-2511

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
    1993 American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion; Certified Cardiovascular Perfusionist - # 920296
    1985 National Society of Cardio-Pulmonary Technology; Registered Cardiopulmonary Technologist
    1982 National Board of Respiratory Care; Registered Respiratory Therapist - # 15686

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
    Jan 2002-Present-TA MERI INC; 32945 Serena Way, Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530, 888-431-7325x0, 888-223-8840 fax
    Clinical Director– Multi-State and International Consultant - health care vendor providing cardiovascular perfusion services, life support education, Maat Thermal Therapy - Cancer / HIV Whole Body Hyperthermia, ECMO, VAD’s, ATS, PRP, IABP, EECP, CPR, and Wellness Consultation. www.TaMeriInc.com. www.DocMaat.com

March 2001 –June 2004 - LIFESOURCE TECHN. INC; 1515 W.Cameron Ave, Ste 145, W. Covina, CA 91790, (866)-875-3684,
    Founder / Clinical Director - Independent contractor providing tissue growth factors to cosmetic and oral maxillary surgeons, open heart perfusion, respiratory products and services. Coordinate point of care laboratory education, quality controls, policies and procedures within region, per State, Local, and C.L.I.A. requirements. www.LifeSourceTechnologies.com

August 1992- Feb 2001- PSICOR//EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES; 16818 Via Del Campo Ct., San.Diego. CA. 92127, (800)348-4565
    Perfusion Departmental Manager / Lab Manager - Los Angeles Region 49
    Adult cardiovascular perfusion. Manage all hospital clinical activities, including caseload scheduling; supply inventory and quality control. Maintain relationships with administrators, surgeons and clinical staff in region.

February 1992 - August 1992 - KANSAS CITY PERFUSION SERVICES; 2316 E. Meyer Blvd., MO. 64132, (816) 276-4244
    Staff Perfusionist - Adult, pediatric, and neonatal cardiovascular perfusion.

February 1989 - June 1991 - ST. JOSEPH HSP OF ATLANTA; 5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd. Atlanta. GA. 30342, (404) 851-7190
    Charge/Staff Respiratory Care Therapist - Assisted supervisor on weekend nights and delivered critical and acute care.

February 1988 - February 1989 - GRADY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL; 80 Butler St. Atlanta. GA. 30335, (404) 606-4307
    Respiratory Care Supervisor - General supervision in adult, pediatric and neonatal areas.
    Georgia State University - Cardiopulmonary Care Tutor

June 1985 - May 1989 - NURSES AROUND THE CLOCK; 6338 Riverdale Rd. Riverdale. GA. 30274, (404) 953-4442
    Staff Respiratory Care Therapist - Traveling respiratory care professional providing a variety of adult, pediatric & neonatal services in diverse hospital and home settings. American Cancer Society-Smoking Cessation Instructor

September 1985 - 1987 - CLAYTON GENERAL HOSPITAL; Upper Riverdale Rd. Riverdale. GA. 30274, (404) 991-8000
    Charge/Staff Respiratory Care Therapist - Critical and acute care, Outpatient Pulm. Rehab. by the Better Breathers Club.

March 1979 - 1984 - ALLEGHENY GENERAL HOSPITAL; 320 North Ave. Pittsburgh. PA. 15212, (412) 359-3131
    Respiratory Care Supervisor - General supervision in adult, pediatric, & neonatal areas. PFT & Polysomnographic Technologist, A.H.A-BCLS Instructor

PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITES
    Lambda Beta National Honor Society, Amer. Assos. Resp.Care, Amer. Soc. of Extra-Corpeal Technology, Society of Thermal Medicine,
    American Heart Association BLS Instructor, ACLS Provider, Emergency Medical Safety Services First Aid Instructor, Presenter/ Reseacher –
    6th Annual African Heart Seminar – Dar es Salaam, TZ., Better Business Bureau (A-)

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 8:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to his biography and professional endeavors, now, I'm not a doctor,
    but some of those things again sound highly bizarre.

Also, obviously, his in-house doctorate:

Doctorate of Metaphysics, at the Metaphysical Institute Of Higher Learning.

I wonder if they are really allowed to hand out doctorates...

http://www.metaphy.com/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 1:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Some horrific grappling. I imagine these videos will be pulled down soon.

Questionable leglock technique from the man himself:

http://youtu.be/kKT9kRK-Lc0

As terrible as the technique looks, they seem to be winning in competition:

It appears that these people have been teaching martial arts in various forms for a very long time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPd2...mbedded#at=119

Looks like they've added an "MMA" component in recent times as that's what's selling and doesn't really seem to be claiming rank in anything worth/possible to check out, as far as martial arts goes.

I'm pretty sure Dr. Amses Maat, while probably shoddy and shifty himself, is only related in that he wrote the description of the martial arts found on the facebook. That appears to be an "expert testimonial" type thing, no different than rank trading.

Grandmasters Rodgers seems like more of a networker than any sort of martial artist, so far...

His supposed credentials:

*Grandmaster Rogers is a Certified 8th degree black belt by the California College of Martial Arts, Frank Waller, President. But as founder of his own art is recognized as a 10th degree black belt in the African American Martial Art of YA or KWA ASILIA AVITA SANAA.

*Grandmaster and Founder of The World African American Shadow Boxing Health and Fitness Association and the African American Martial Art of Ya or Kwa Asilia Avita Sanaa the complete mixed martial arts.

*Founder of the healing massage technique known as "Martial Therapy" combining rudementary massage, finger pressure massage (Kidole Mkazo Fiki Cha Fupi), stretching, joint manipulation and breathing.
    *African American Martial Arts and general Martial Arts Historian and Lecturer.

*Instructed Navy Seals, U.S. Marines, and Government Personel at Mare Island Naval Base, Members of the F.B.I., Travis Air Force Base Security Police, and members of several law enforcement agencies including the Suisun, Fairfield and Los Angelas Police Departments in Grappling, Arrest and Control, hand to hand combat, and baton.

*Grandmaster Instructor and Chief Examiner of the rank, instructors and Master instructors certification program in the African American Martial art of Kwa Asilia Avita Sanaa (The Original Martial Art).

*Licensed and certified pro boxing cornerman with the California, Nevada, and Atlanta State Athletic Commissions.
    *Former professional boxing cornerman for the former WBA and IBA Heavyweight Champion of the world James "Lights Out" Toney, former professional boxing handler/cornerman for former WBA Lightweight Champion of the world Lakva Sim and Sean "Chizl" Rogers of the James "Lights Out" Toney Boxing Team in association with Goosen/Tutor Promotions. (2003 to 2007)
    *Assistant to John Arthur manager of the World Boxing Council,s 2003 Fighter Of The Year, (Former WBA and IBA Heaveyweight Champion, former IBF Cruiserweight Champion and former IBF Middleweight Champion James "Lights Out" Toney), of the former WBA Lightweight Champion Lakva Sim and of pro boxing new comer Sean "Chizl' Rogers.
    *Recognized by the President Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. Administered by the Ametuer Athletic Union Since 1996.
    *Former Full Contact Kickboxing sparring partner for the former ISKA World Heavyweight Kickboxing Champion Dennis Alexio. Kickboxing training from Dennis Alexio and Kajukenbo Master/professional kickboxing trainer of Dennis Alexio, Eugene "jelly" Ray. (early 1980's)
    *Weapons Training: cold weapons the fundamentals of Kali and Eskrima, from a Dan Inosanto Seminar featuring Ted Lucay Lucay, Cass Magda hosted by Anthony Davis and the sword, staff, short stick, rope, rope stick, fan, cane, from Kuk Sool Won Master Fransico Brewster (early 80's). Firearms safety from shooting gold medalist Mark Hansen.
    *Learn the fundamentals of meditation, breathing, Kinesiology (Touch For Health) and the internal arts from Kriya Yoga Guru Sirji Grianyia, The Wu Shing Tai Chi Master John K. Wong and Kuk Sool Won Master Fransico Brewster (early 80's)
    *Wrestling training from former high school and collegate Roman-grecco wrestling standouts Reginald and Franklin Carter (late 60's to mid 70's)
    *Training from former Mexican Champion Jesse Lopez.
    *Learned the concept of "Submission Fighting" from members of the Vallejo Police Activity League Judo Club (in 1970), Edward McNair an Associate Deputy Chief Commissioner of the California Penal System (in 1976). and the founder Solano College Judo Club Dr. James H. Tanaka(in 1982).
    *Certified Instructor for the American Airlines Cabin and Crew Self-Defense Program (World BlackBelt Inc.), as a result of 09-11-01.
    *Over 47 years Martial Arts Experience.

*Over 30 years teaching and massage experience.

*Winner of over 45 Ametuer Fighting Championships. (Sport Karate [pre 1988 Olympic Games], Judo, Kickboxing)

*Celebrity and Executive Protection.

*Former assistant to the General Manager and Personal Trainer at Billy Blanks World Training Center.

*Crunch Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor.

*Film and Television Stunt Fight Choreographer.

*Trainer to the stars (Erving "Magic" Johnson, Carmen Electra, Tisha Cambell-Martin, Brandy (Singer), April Washington (Stunt Woman), Tommy Lee (Rock Drummer), Monique Comedian), Lisa Ling, Sinbad, and more...).
    Last edited by CarotidCrank; 5/02/2011 2:20am at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 1:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure.

By all accounts, a complete fraud.

Just so you get an idea, it seems Mr Maat claims to have been interviewed by Oprah Winfrey.
    Well, the lists I checked don't say so.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 1:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is, though, they seem to have quite a big group of followers.

One of the last big fraudulent orgs, perhaps?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 2:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/aashadowboxing

Another youtube account. General purpose trainwreck "karate"

The only provable thing he claims is: 8th degree black belt from the California College Of Martial Arts. The college appears to consist of this webpage:
    "http://www.fremonttangsoodo.com/flash/ccma_masterw.html
    Last edited by CarotidCrank; 5/02/2011 2:37am at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 2:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Sure.

By all accounts, a complete fraud.

Just so you get an idea, it seems Mr Maat claims to have been interviewed by Oprah Winfrey.
    Well, the lists I checked don't say so.

Here's the Oprah reference, BTW:

http://www.docmaat.com/index.htm

CurrentNews
    Doc Maat On TV

We sent Doc Maat to Oprah to see if we could get her to get him out of scrubs and to do a complete Make Over. The show airs May, 5th, 2010.
    www.Oprah.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 2:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    The thing is, though, they seem to have quite a big group of followers.

One of the last big fraudulent orgs, perhaps?
    Seems to mostly consist of kids and people into easy training. Their dojo (or whatever swahili for dojo is) wasn't that big. I don't know, I don't think I'd call him "fraudulent" (You know how bullshido people get about that word.)

Definitely not someone I'd ever train with, but he's not really telling any objective lies or anything.
    Last edited by CarotidCrank; 5/02/2011 2:53am at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 3:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, wait, I didn't see some of your earlier posts.

From where did you get the bio of the Grandmaster?

Since he has such a big network of pages, I for my part didn't find any.

Now, as to his bio, I will outline what I think is suspicious in the next post.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast