Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jonathan Sparks Gracie Jiu Jitsu BLACK BELT

Does any one know of him? Apparently he trained with Ralph Gracie, after looking for awhile can't find any info on him other than what's posted here

"Jonathan Sparks is a former student of the Gracie Family and a black belt of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. For more information go to www.jitsu.biz or call 351-8007. "

From the newport rec center.

His website is crap and doesn't have much info other than http://www.jitsu.biz/

Guy looks like a fraud to me!
    Last edited by gtoregon; 11/28/2010 8:12am at .

Style
    jiujitsu, karate, shorinj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did some searching too... I can't seem to find anything either, maybe someone should email the federations and check his validity, maybe a moderator would put a better word out to them and get a quick answer. His site is really garbage.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Usually any time some one plays jiu jitsu longer than 2 years something comes up. Most purples have a ton of info that pull up even if they don't compete. For a guy to earn a bb in Gracie Jiu Jitsu (TM) and have nothing come up is extremely odd.

Style
    10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The easiest way to know is to send an email to: [email protected] and ask. The website at http://www.gracie.com/riofed/beltranking.html gives a short description of what legitimate Gracie BBs should be able to provide as far as proof.

However, note that nothing I saw in my short Google search claims that he holds a BB from the Gracies. Just that he was a former student (which could mean a lot of things) and that he holds a BB in BJJ. It is entirely possible that he got a BJJ belt somewhere else, so saying that he is a fraud, at this point, is premature.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtoregon View Post
    Does any one know of him? Apparently he trained with Ralph Gracie, after looking for awhile can't find any info on him other than what's posted here

"Jonathan Sparks is a former student of the Gracie Family and a black belt of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. For more information go to www.jitsu.biz or call 351-8007. "

From the newport rec center.

His website is crap and doesn't have much info other than http://www.jitsu.biz/

Guy looks like a fraud to me!
    This is not the way to set up a MABS thread. Calling someone a fraud based on a poor website is terrible.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, tons of legit guys have horrible websites. I said looks like a fraud because nothing pulls up. I'm new to posting here so any tips would be mucho appreciated

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess on the upside maybe he is legit in which case awesome!! More bb in Oregon the better

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a bad site X_x do more research, try emailing them.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys emailed them and they said he was a blue or purple with them a long time ago and left.

He could be a bb by now if he kept training. Anyway, not moving down there for some time and when I do I'll find out more

Style
    Keyboard Warrior
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtoregon View Post
    Thanks guys emailed them and they said he was a blue or purple with them a long time ago and left.

He could be a bb by now if he kept training. Anyway, not moving down there for some time and when I do I'll find out more
    Could you please post your email and their response? It may help for others to see what has been written, especially if they can verify timelines and who awarded what belt.

Found some BJJ references for a "John Sparks" - http://www.adcombat.com/news/2010-10...-weigh-results

Perhaps just contact Mr Sparks himself and ask who awarded him the BJJ black belt and where he has been training.
    Last edited by MrJ; 1/18/2011 2:30pm at .

Page 1 of 2 12 Last