Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 5:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Filipinos aren't Asians?
    Some overseas Filipinos, mostly in California and Hawaii, identify more as "Pacific Islander" which maybes is what Omega means? So basically identifying as being closer to Hawaiians, Tongans, Samoans, etc. Can't speak for hims but it's my guess. Here in Canada every Filipino I know (I live in a Filipino neighborhood) considers themselves Asians... but maybe if we had more Samoans, etc, that would be different? Also as we all know some Asians try to be snobby toward others so that could play a role... a lot of Asians think Filipinos are "the bottom rung" of Asian so I could see some Filipinos being like "well **** you then."

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not saying most Filipinos in California and Hawaii identify as PI because I don't know the proportions, I'm just saying in my experience Filipinos with that perspective tend to be concentrated more in those states. Also, I don't know what Omegas knowledge/opinion is, it's just one guess as to why he might say what he did earlier.
    Last edited by Ciderbone; 5/01/2011 5:44pm at .

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How the hell did he make that video and not include anything from sirc?
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    this! But seriously...I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't more racism on here! Hell there is practically none since I started coming here. Sure, there's some occasional de-evolution but nothing compared to other discussion groups.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 7:03pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderbone View Post
    Some overseas Filipinos, mostly in California and Hawaii, identify more as "Pacific Islander" which maybes is what Omega means? So basically identifying as being closer to Hawaiians, Tongans, Samoans, etc. Can't speak for hims but it's my guess. Here in Canada every Filipino I know (I live in a Filipino neighborhood) considers themselves Asians... but maybe if we had more Samoans, etc, that would be different? Also as we all know some Asians try to be snobby toward others so that could play a role... a lot of Asians think Filipinos are "the bottom rung" of Asian so I could see some Filipinos being like "well **** you then."

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not saying most Filipinos in California and Hawaii identify as PI because I don't know the proportions, I'm just saying in my experience Filipinos with that perspective tend to be concentrated more in those states. Also, I don't know what Omegas knowledge/opinion is, it's just one guess as to why he might say what he did earlier.
    Closer to Indonesian IMO but that's neither here nor there. I just don't consider us Asians.

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 7:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    Simple. SirC is so irrelevant even a complete fucking loser like Ashida Kim can't be bothered to comment on him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 7:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai/Sanda noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, race is so ambiguous and now a days everyone is mixing and it's hard to even tell what race someone is. It isn't even edgy to be racist, white power groups use to be feared. Now they're just sad.
    Class though, that's clear cut. Or instating a caste system.

And as far as Frank Dux, is it even worth it for him to go after Bullshido? It's a message board. Is the ad campaign part of a multi prong attack? How "big" is bullshido? If he's trying to make bullshido look bad, to who? It seems like a waste of his time. But please, someone, enlighten me.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 7:19pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's 2011 and I'm watching Bullshido vs. Frank Dux.

This is the best $10 a month I've ever spent on anything, and I've bought some crap, let me tell you.

HBO I'll keep because of Game of Thrones, for now.

Showtime can suck a dick, I'm cancelling.

But Bullshido stays.

:)

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've notice the haters, and those that feel slighted tend to make 'Bullshido' a person. Milt, Dux, Kim, etc etc. It makes as much sense as getting crank calls, and saying "Verizon is a meanie", or getting a C- on a paper, and responding with "University Learning is of the DEVIL!!!!". Achtung haters: Can we get some genuine specificity here?

Rudy at least hates on individuals. I was glad to see he was back, after his masterful work during the April Fool's trolljob. At least he argues with individual people. There's a strange disconnect I feel, when people paint with a broad brush...this site, of all things.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 10:11pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I've notice the haters, and those that feel slighted tend to make 'Bullshido' a person. Milt, Dux, Kim, etc etc. It makes as much sense as getting crank calls, and saying "Verizon is a meanie", or getting a C- on a paper, and responding with "University Learning is of the DEVIL!!!!". Achtung haters: Can we get some genuine specificity here?
    AT&T is the Devil though.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Dux was one of the 4 people killed in the raid on Osama Bin Laden's compound.

(Not intended to be taken as a factual statement)
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast