230847 Bullies, 3596 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 116
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,492

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 2:44am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFunk View Post
    this! But seriously...I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't more racism on here! Hell there is practically none since I started coming here. Sure, there's some occasional de-evolution but nothing compared to other discussion groups.
    I couldnt agree more!
    I'm willing to change this situation but the new site policies make this difficult.
    how about we get together for some chicken n rice dinner with watermellons for desert and discuss this?
    Whenever you have time is good for me, so whenever the welfare's office is closed and you're not playing basketball.

    <3,

    Lebell
  2. Grey Owl is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    559

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 12:16pm


     Style: Karate, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    " By the 1970s, it had become clear that (1) most human differences were cultural; (2) what was not cultural was principally polymorphic - that is to say, found in diverse groups of people at different frequencies; (3) what was not cultural or polymorphic was principally clinal - that is to say, gradually variable over geography; and (4) what was left - the component of human diversity that was not cultural, polymorphic, or clinal - was very small.

    A consensus consequently developed among anthropologists and geneticists that race as the previous generation had known it - as largely discrete, geographically distinct, gene pools - did not exist." -Jonathan Marks
    So there are no races in the world?!? Boy, did this guy Marks talk himself up his own ass.

    Anyway you see my point. If you say race is not important because it is in fact a made up construct then you understand why religion is not important.
  3. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,645

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 1:10pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    So there are no races in the world?!?
    Not really in a biological sense, but as a social construct definitely. Except in physical anthropology where clinal variations are notable at the population level but used only circumstantially at an individual level for forensics and whatnot (DNA evidence is a little different though). It's like if you study the skeleton and note differences between male and female skeletons: sometimes, you might decide one is a female based on features, when in fact it's the skeleton of a gracile male.

    Boy, did this guy Marks talk himself up his own ass.
    Meh, he explained the history of racial thinking in anthropology. It's a real paradigm shift that actually happened.

    Anyway you see my point. If you say race is not important because it is in fact a made up construct then you understand why religion is not important.
    My point was that race as a biological concept is outdated, along with certain notions about how race is concrete and specific. I didn't say that race wasn't important; obviously it is, especially in the social sciences. It's important in the social reality one lives. If I moved to Brazil, I may be labelled an entirely different race based on other criteria (I hear they've got like 40 races).
  4. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,492

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 1:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    It's important in the social reality one lives. If I moved to Brazil, I may be labelled an entirely different race based on other criteria (I hear they've got like 40 races).
    I hear that the girls with 2 cups race frequently discriminates against the 2 girls with 1 cup race. There's also an ongoing rumor that fat every race has their own fat chick sub species.

    Brutal.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  5. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,645

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 1:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    I hear that the girls with 2 cups race frequently discriminates against the 2 girls with 1 cup race. There's also an ongoing rumor that fat every race has their own fat chick sub species.
    I had a professor who was a white guy from Irish stock, and when he worked in Haiti, he was considered rojo rojo (red red).
  6. donoraen is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    488

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 4:20pm


     Style: Limalama

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I had a professor who was a white guy from Irish stock, and when he worked in Haiti, he was considered rojo rojo (red red).
    You mean a ginger? Cos we have that distinction here in the U.S.
  7. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,645

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 5:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by donoraen View Post
    You mean a ginger? Cos we have that distinction here in the U.S.
    Nope, brown haired guy, but he would turn red pretty easily in the heat of Haiti.
  8. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 5:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post
    So there are no races in the world?!? Boy, did this guy Marks talk himself up his own ass.

    Anyway you see my point. If you say race is not important because it is in fact a made up construct then you understand why religion is not important.
    Race as we understand it is a social construct that emerged from the long 19th century.
  9. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,126

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 5:46pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Race as we understand it is a social construct that emerged from the long 19th century.
    It helped us develop the master race construct and that turned out pretty well for me.
  10. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,645

    Posted On:
    5/03/2011 6:30pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    It helped us develop the master race construct and that turned out pretty well for me.
    Actually that came from the assumption that race was a biological phenomenon.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.