Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... Last
    Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Orlando Pulse Shooting - Armory forum break-off

Quote Originally Posted by NYT
    Law enforcement authorities said that Mr. Mateen, wielding an assault rifle and a pistol, stormed the club and called 911 from inside to declare his allegiance to the Islamic State, the brutal group that has taken over parts of Syria, Iraq and Libya. Mr. Mateen had been investigated in the past for possible terrorist ties, but the F.B.I. ultimately found no evidence. Still, he was believed to be on at least one watch list.
    Law enforcement officials said the suspect in the attack on an Orlando nightclub on Sunday had been monitored for possible terrorist ties, but was still legally able to buy guns.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/us...-shooting.html

Huh, an actual terrorist attack?

So, Brady bill failed. "Watch lists," failed. If anything, this incident tells me that we need to be better armed (and trained).

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/us...-shooting.html

Huh, an actual terrorist attack?

So, Brady bill failed. "Watch lists," failed. If anything, this incident tells me that we need to be better armed (and trained).
    DAESH has been encouraging Lone Wolf style attacks in the U.S. for years now. Whether this particular coward drew inspiration from that or was simply using that as an excuse to kill a bunch of people who didn't fit his idea of 'right' remains to be seen. It has been stated by right wing news sources that his father may also espouse a radical ideology as well, though I haven't seen the proof.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Style
    Recovery(lung surgeries)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have the money nor the time to engage in a Small Arms Race.
    Dead serious here.
    Most Americans don't have the time or resources to focus on gun ownership and training.
    I really don't think a person in a modern civilized society needs to walk around prepared for shoot outs on the streets.

But besides that we can't seem to: teach our children math, history or geography, successfully dig up two people to run for President who aren't embarrassments, nor be self-aware enough to realize that guardian angels and psychics and prayer are bullshit... I have this idea that more guns, more ammo, and more training are just going to benefit the people involved with gun sales.

Not actually help or solve any gun violence issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    DAESH has been encouraging Lone Wolf style attacks in the U.S. for years now. Whether this particular coward drew inspiration from that or was simply using that as an excuse to kill a bunch of people who didn't fit his idea of 'right' remains to be seen. It has been stated by right wing news sources that his father may also espouse a radical ideology as well, though I haven't seen the proof.
    CNN says, according to his ex-wife, that he was mentally unstable though not diagnosed or in treatment (http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...club-shooting/).

I'm generally not the guy to say "there should be a law," but something akin to a Myers Briggs test seems like a good start to weed out undesirables. Brady checks are basically worthless, because they rely on prior convictions/indictments. Further, when speaking of the cases that actually DO get denied on Brady checks:
    Quote Originally Posted by WP
    virtually all of these cases were declined by ATF field offices.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...cd5b_blog.html

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    It has been stated by right wing news sources that his father may also espouse a radical ideology as well, though I haven't seen the proof.
    This might be what is being referred to:
    Quote Originally Posted by CBS
    He then adds: "God will punish those involved in homosexuality," saying it's, "not an issue that humans should deal with."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-...d-punish-gays/

Style
    BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    ...but something akin to a Myers Briggs test seems like a good start to weed out undesirables.
    Elaborate on what you mean by this, please.
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, another terrorist attack? I guess it's time for me to do my usual pulse check again to see if the country is ready to be serious about solving the problem here..........nope, not yet. I guess it'll take some more terrorist attacks. Maybe one more. Maybe a hundred more. Maybe we'll never be ready as a country until it's too late. Maybe it's better to just start brushing up on our verses from the Quran.

There is only one way to deal with this effectively. We have to realize this is a holy war, period. We don't get to choose whether we want to have one. We only get to choose whether we're committed to winning. There is no such thing as radical Islam. It's all radical. Muslims are our enemy. We need to root them out everywhere they are on this planet, especially on our own soil.

The old, idealistic way isn't going to work with these people. Total freedom of religion is a hindrance to the survival of all American non-Muslims. We have to adapt to the reality we find ourselves in. Islam should be banned as a religion. People of Arab descent should be treated with scrutiny. That's reality. You don't have to like it, but if you don't recognize the truth in that statement, you've still got your head up your ass. I'll check in with you again after the next terrorist attack.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, there is possibly a silver lining in this attack and others like it. These attacks are our best hope at having the people of this country wake the **** up. We need to have anger and hatred and fucking fire in our hearts. We need to hate our enemy and be as committed to killing them as they are to killing us. These attacks and others like it can stoke that fire.

Our biggest threat, much more dangerous than immediate warfare is incrementalism. If this country maintains it's weak, ***** ass, PC attitude we're going to let Muslims engrain themselves deeper into our society because we don't have the nutsack to say no. And the more power they get, the more all non-Muslims will be fucked in the ass. Once they start gaining power from within they will not stop until our country is a Muslim nation with full Sharia law in place.

Style
    Kendo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spotted the Trump voter.

Style
    Recovery(lung surgeries)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sound absolutely terrified Devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... Last