Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 5:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Extra funny because my wife is only 5'1 or so.
    and she still can't wear heels when you take her out.
    pity.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Meh, bring your gi and we'll do plenty of gi grappling post GS match. Are we dead set on the 3 rounds with 3 different formats?

I suppose if I'm calling BS on your Kyokushin skillz that it should indeed be weighted towards striking for the official match. WTF are the rules differences between Knockdown and Sanda?
    Knockdown Karate is like point sparring except it's continuous and points only count if they visibly affect your opponent.

For example, if you liver punch me and I don't crumple then you get nothing. But say you kick my leg and I stumble, you get a point. It is continuous though, so the judges will have to be extra vigilant. The scoring is a little subjective as it's up to the judge to determine what is affecting your opponents. KO means you're done because, let's be honest here, you've got to get back to work on monday and having a brain hemorrhage. Depending on the tournament, they'll give you an 8 count or they'll just call it. Generally the first round is under gentleman's rules where you don't really go for any kind of real point or KO. But since we're only doing one round, it's OK to go for points.

San Da is kickboxing with throws. I would prefer no elbows as my business partner would be pissed if I got a cut across my face or something since I am the face of the company. Points are counted for throws and your opponent getting knocked out of the ring. Think Soul Caliber without a life bar, just a timer. 1 point for knockdown/trips, 2 points for essentially small throws and 3 points for big throws.

So I'm assuming you don't want to do a gi match? I would suggest taking like 3-5 minutes rest in between each round to change costumes. For the grappling match, I think that modified Gokor rules should apply. It's essentially the IBJJF rules except points don't start to count until the 3 minute mark + leg attacks. Points are scored same the only modification is that I don't think Neck cranks should be allowed because neither you nor me are skilled enough to know how to apply them properly without injuring someone. Also, points only count when you improve your position. So going from under mount back to half guard gets you points. However gaming the system and going from side control to mount to side control doesn't give you ****. Also we won't be using gi's.

What say you?

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you forgot the spiderman tutus and foam swords
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 6:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you fuckers go back to the kid's table while we discuss adult things?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1st round should be grappling, Freestyle Sambo rules or better.
    2nd round should be standup, Sanda rules or better
    3rd round should be MMA, amateur rules or better.

Winner must win either or both of first two rounds + third round, or must score a full KO in 2nd round, otherwise a no contest.

4th round should be stick fighting.
    5th round should be a single knife in circle.
    6th round should be sniping at 250 yards.

If either or both opponents make it past the 6th round without death or disfigurement, I will him or her a new haircut.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 6:24pm

Style: bjj (blue) Judo (green)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I look forward to the day I can drink the information superhighway.
    Unfortunately, the information superhighway will end up drinking us, if it hasn't already.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    1st round should be grappling, Freestyle Sambo rules or better.
    2nd round should be standup, Sanda rules or better
    3rd round should be MMA, amateur rules or better.

Winner must win either or both of first two rounds + third round, or must score a full KO in 2nd round, otherwise a no contest.

4th round should be stick fighting.
    5th round should be a single knife in circle.
    6th round should be sniping at 250 yards.

If either or both opponents make it past the 6th round without death or disfigurement, I will him or her a new haircut.
    7th round is fighting with flaming ropes while blindfolded.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Knockdown Karate is like point sparring except it's continuous and points only count if they visibly affect your opponent.

For example, if you liver punch me and I don't crumple then you get nothing. But say you kick my leg and I stumble, you get a point. It is continuous though, so the judges will have to be extra vigilant. The scoring is a little subjective as it's up to the judge to determine what is affecting your opponents. KO means you're done because, let's be honest here, you've got to get back to work on monday and having a brain hemorrhage. Depending on the tournament, they'll give you an 8 count or they'll just call it. Generally the first round is under gentleman's rules where you don't really go for any kind of real point or KO. But since we're only doing one round, it's OK to go for points.

San Da is kickboxing with throws. I would prefer no elbows as my business partner would be pissed if I got a cut across my face or something since I am the face of the company. Points are counted for throws and your opponent getting knocked out of the ring. Think Soul Caliber without a life bar, just a timer. 1 point for knockdown/trips, 2 points for essentially small throws and 3 points for big throws.

So I'm assuming you don't want to do a gi match? I would suggest taking like 3-5 minutes rest in between each round to change costumes. For the grappling match, I think that modified Gokor rules should apply. It's essentially the IBJJF rules except points don't start to count until the 3 minute mark + leg attacks. Points are scored same the only modification is that I don't think Neck cranks should be allowed because neither you nor me are skilled enough to know how to apply them properly without injuring someone. Also, points only count when you improve your position. So going from under mount back to half guard gets you points. However gaming the system and going from side control to mount to side control doesn't give you ****. Also we won't be using gi's.

What say you?
    Sirc, if you're going to suggest SanDa, at least be familiar with teh rulez: there are no elbows in SanDa (and no knees in San Shou).

I suggest you guys start with the actual Shidokan rules to keep things simple, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shidokan rules
    I. Matches
    The quarter and semi finals will consist of the the following: Two (2), two (2) minute rounds Karate. Two (2) two (2) minute rounds with 10 oz. gloves, Kick-Boxing rules (no elbows). Two (2) two (2) minute rounds, 5 oz. gloves with Grappling permitted, NO TIME LIMIT. The Championship match will consist of: Three (3) two (2) minute rounds Karate, three (3) two (2) minute rounds with 10 oz. gloves, Kick-boxing rules (no elbows), three (3) two (2) minute rounds 5 oz. gloves with grappling permitted, NO TIME LIMIT.
    II. Fighter Regulations
    All fighters must attend the pre-fight meeting, location TBD. The meeting will last approximatley two (2) hours. Fighters will be required to weigh in and recieve a pre-fight medical exam at this time. Explanation of the tournament format, rules and regulations will also take place at this meeting.
    III. Kumite/Stand Up Fighting Rules
    1. Legal techniques: Fighters will be allowed to punch, kick and knee to the face, head upper Torso (front and side only), leg and arm areas only. No elbows to face or head area. Elbows are allowed to the Body Only.
    2. Legal Target Areas: Head, face, upper torso (front and side only), legs (above/below knee).
    3. Greco-Roman/Judo throws/single and double leg takedowns are allowed. Any takedown that results in a fighter being physically stunned, will initiate a standing (8) count. If the fighter is unable to rise or unconscious as a rusult of said takedown, the standing fighter will be awarded victory via TKO.
    4. Illigal targets: No strikes (hand, foot, elbow, or knee) are allowed to the groin, kidneys, front of neck, entire spinal chord, all joints. No foot stomps are allowed.
    5. A Standing 8 Count, will be initiated when a fighter recieves a legal "stunning blow". Herein defined as any legal technique that results fighters unable to adequately protect themselves.
    6. A total of Three Standing 8 Counts, in the same round or during the entire fight will result in a TKO.

IV. Karate Rounds
    1. Refer to paragraph I, sections 1 through 6.
    2. NO punches or hand techniques are allowed to make contact to the facial, head or neck area.
    3. NO submission techniques, choking techniques or joint manipulations are allowed.
    4. Fighters are required to wear traditional Karate Gi, mouthpiece and groin protection. Hand and wrist taping must be approved by tournament official. Anklets can be worn.

V. Kick-Boxing Rounds
    1. Refer to paragraph I, sections 1 through 6.
    2. Fighters will wear 10 oz. gloves. Hand techniques to the face are allowed.
    3. NO submission techniques, choking techniques or joint manipulations are allowed.
    4. Fighters will remove Gi tops. Gi pants or Thai-boxing shorts may be worn.

VI. Grappling Rounds
    1. Fighters will wear 5 oz. open finger gloves. Hand techniques to the face are allowed
    2. Once a fighters one knee touches the ground, Both Fighters are considered on the ground and the and the following rules now apply:
    3. NO STRIKING of any kind is allowed. See "Warnings and Penalties".
    4. There is no time limit on the ground, but if there is no activity, the referee will break the fighters and stand both up, and the fight will resume.
    5. Legal Techniques are all Major Joint Manipulations: Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Knee and Ankle.
    6. Rear and side neck chokes and "guillotines" are allowed.
    7. Illeagal Techniques: No biting / ear pulling / eye gouging / finger penitration into any and all orfices / fish hooking / hair pulling / licking / minor digit manipulations / one or two handed frontal chokes / skin twisting / spitting is not permitted. Any infraction of the aforementioned will result in an immediate PENALTY.
    8. When a legal submission technique is applied, the result will be signaled by the fighter being submitted. The universal: Single hand double tap out, or verbal submission,.."I give...", will be acceptable. If the fighter being submitted is unable to submit either physically or verbally, due to the posistioning of both fighters, type of submission, state of consciousness, or if the referee believes the fighter being submitted will suffer a permanent injury, i.e.., brain damage (choke), broken elbow, wrist, ankle, etc.. the referee may call the fight and declare a winner.

VII. Warnings and Penalties
    1. Any fighter who intentionally strikes an opponent in a restricted area, or intentionally uses an illeagal technique, will be immediatly assessed a penalty or disqualified depending on the severity of the blow.
    2. Accidental contact to the facial or neck area with a hand technique will result in a warning or penalty depending on the amount of contact. (Karate Rounds Only)
    3. Accidental contact to other restricted areas (i.e., the groin, knees, spinal cord, etc. ) will also result in a warning or penalty depending on the amount of contact.
    4. Two (2) warnings result in a penalty, which equals a one point deduction.
    5. Two (2) penalties result in a disqualification.

VIII. Scoring
    All fighters will be scored on a 10 Point Must System

Example:
    Fighter A recieves a standing 8 count in round one, Score = 10 - 8.
    Fighter A recieves another standing 8 count in round one. Score = 10 - 7
    Fighter B wins round one 10 - 7
    Fighter A wins round two 10 - 9
    Fight Ends. Judges Decision.
    Total Score: Fighter B=19. Fighter A=17
    Winner: Fighter B

IX. Victory
    A fighter can win four (4) different ways:

TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT: Three knockdown rule, referee calls the fight or the corner throws in the towel
    KNOCKOUT: Any legal technique which "downs" an opponent for a ten (10) second count results in an automatic win.
    SUBMISSION: During rounds with grappling, a fighter may win by executing a technique that causes his opponent to: "verbally submit or tap out"
    DECISION: When the match goes the distance, the fighter with the most points wins. In case of a draw during the quarter or semifinals, there will be an extension allowed. During the championship match only, if the 4 judges score a draw, the draw will stand as the final decision and fighters will split the prize money.
    All judge and referee decisions are final.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 7:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    7th round is fighting with flaming ropes while blindfolded.
    It doesn't matter after the 6th round because they'll have spiffy new haircuts. After that, anything would be awesome.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 7:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Would you fuckers go back to the kid's table while we discuss adult things?
    shush tincy, apparel of fighters and whether foam swords are allowed is of the utmost importance