Page 3 of 13 First 1234567 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hiro, your squat is 110 pounds higher then your DL?

My PRs, from various points in my life:

Bench: 220 (weighing about 150, but my wrists are bad and prevent me from doing a lot of bench work now)
    Squat: 305 (weighing about 150 as well, during lacrosse season)
    Deadlift: 365 (at 160)

Right now my numbers are probably much more modest, I'll go in my basement to check them out a bit later.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    Hiro, your squat is 110 pounds higher then your DL?
    Yeah, I squat/ do leg training whenever I hit the gym. At the same time, I rarely deadlift, ever, simply because the gym I'm training since 2009 has, I **** you not, no deadlift corner.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with most of you guys is that you don't know squat (drum roll?)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Har har har.

Off topic but where the **** is Emevas?

I tried to bench but my wrist is acting all farked up so no dice there, but my squat:
    225 1rm (weighing 173)
    Deadlift:
    240 1rm (not going to push it any higher then that, same weight)
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, you got any powerlifting vids? You can't claim that level of badassery and not back it. =P

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    260 at 185. Actually down a bit from where I was, been focusing on other things besides just strength.

Where is Emevas? Seems like months since he last posted. Probably deployed...
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvmac View Post
    Omega, you got any powerlifting vids? You can't claim that level of badassery and not back it. =P
    LOL, do you know how old I am kid? I'm talking lifting back in 1993. I haven't power lifted since '95.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got to the borderline of the intermediate/advanced section of this chart (for my bodyweight) in all the lifts before I decided that it wasn't really making me any better at martial arts

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html

I didn't hit any harder or feel like I had any more power when I was wrestling. The only outside physical training that I really noticed having any real positive crossover into those things was kettlebell work making me a bit more powerful and able to wrestle for longer bouts, and generic 'cardio' work to help my recovery times.
    Last edited by Cullion; 5/01/2011 1:19pm at .
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Busting your balls, Alpha Troll. But serious, no vids? It's a damn shame, would have been cool to see.

How long did it take to work up to that?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been poorly following a bastardized version of Rip's Starting Strength since the beginning of the year. Judo, vacation and injury have all screwed with proper scheduling, so am not Doing The Fucking Program, so I am not seeing gains as fast or as drastic as I could.

Poundages (all are 5RM except bench, which is 3x5):
    Squat 265
    Deadlift 300
    Bench 165

BW = 190

A clarification note: Intermediate and Advanced in Rip's charts should not, repeat not be used to classify individuals. It is a technical term referring to the type of training the person needs to use in order to progress: Novice means they can still linearly progress, Intermediate meaning they cannot linearly progress and so need to periodize. If you don't believe me, go to his forum:
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=22537

Or the wiki:
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...rting_Strength
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Page 3 of 13 First 1234567 ... Last