10/10/2011 7:34pm

Style: Krotty/Crapple/Goonery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    Squat 45 lbs

Bench 20 lbs

Deadlift 60 lbs

That's coming off a long period of not lifting at all, so starting pretty much from nothing. Highest I ever got was 185 lbs squat, 140 lbs deadlift, and 75 lbs bench... still pretty weak.
    How much do you weigh? Any injuries holding you back?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 7:45pm

Style: Boxing newb, HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
    How much do you weigh? Any injuries holding you back?
    About 170 at 6', with a pretty high fat percentage. I need to lose some weight. More than anything else, I believe a lack of time working at it is what's holding me back. I've always been naturally weaker than most people around me, and I never even knew it was possible for me to lift until a couple of years ago. I think I just need to train more. Edit: Those are my numbers for doing 5x5. Never tried to max out.
    Last edited by wuss; 10/10/2011 8:29pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 7:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NinBuKai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    Squat 45 lbs

Bench 20 lbs

Deadlift 60 lbs

That's coming off a long period of not lifting at all, so starting pretty much from nothing. Highest I ever got was 185 lbs squat, 140 lbs deadlift, and 75 lbs bench... still pretty weak.
    I just started lifting in the last month, first time I've been in a weight gym my whole life (in my defense I've been a competitive runner for most my life and have single digit BMI). Started all those lifts at the 45lb bar, still haven't hit max. Don't feel bad starting light, all that's important is that you're starting and working to the end. I felt like a real tool squatting a bar for a week, but...

..well I still feel like a tool when I'm told to just leave my weight on the bar for someone else to warm-up with, but I imagine it'll get better.

For the thread's sake (3x10):
    Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 135lb
    5'8" - 155lbs - 21ya

I'm not making much progress with my bench anymore, but my squat still keeps going up and I still feel good with it. I'll return once I've maxed out and stopped being such a *****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 8:11am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikironin21 View Post
    I started lifting in fourth grade so I was around nine or ten years old. I don't remember what I lifted then, I started on a DP machine in my backyard. I was a fat pudgy kid and wanted to be Arnold at the time. By the end of eight grade, about fourteen years old I was 5'4" 188lbs and free benched 240lbs. Two years later I was already having shoulder issues. My senior year of high-school during my last season of football, at age seventeen, I was 5'6" (as I am now) 209lbs Squat over 400lbs benched over 325lbs. The day I put up 325, I got into a contest with our fullback who was 6'2" 225lbs. We started that day at 275lbs and increased like seven times when I hit 325 after he couldn't bench 320. My regular workout partner, wanted me to attempt 360 the following Monday, but with my aching shoulders I said no way. Now a days I won't go near a bench with more than 225lbs on it. Unless you are a competing power lifter, lifting heavy really isn't worth it. Less weight, more reps, good form is more important.

I had many shoulder problems, and quit benching for a while. I found some rehab videos on youtube, from smittydiesel, louie simmons, and ripptoe ( of course ). After doing some of the band work and l-flyes. I restarted benching, and it started hurting again. I decided to 'fix' my form, and found this video to be helpful:

I am now benching more than ever, without all the shoulder pain. On the rare occasion that they get sore, I back off and start moving back up. Monday night I benched 290lbs for 10 reps and 315 for 6. Not record breakers, but I'm proud of them. I've similarly started fixing my squat form, and am hopeful to keep my back happy. Don't have a link to the vid, but there's an excellent one from Ripptoe about squat form.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    10/12/2011 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Squat 5x5- 210
    Bench 5x5- 165
    DL 1x5- 275

22 5'10ish 168

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 2:25pm

Style: The grapply boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Foot healed, and then I go and tear a ligament in my wrist the day I was supposed to renew my gym membership haha
    Lost 20lbs bodyweight now that I've been out of training since July.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2011 5:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NinBuKai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    Well i am the beginner of this exercise and want to know that how much kg is best for me and how much i should do and kindly suggest me something.
    Start very light and work on form for awhile, as you add more weight form and technique is the difference between injury and strength. Google Stronglifts 5x5 for some good beginner information.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 7:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    188 lbs 200lbs squat

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 7:46pm

Style: PMA, CLF, Longfist n more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 5'9, and stay around 155 lbs. I haven't really squatted in 2.5 years (old knee problems from hockey) and don't competitively powerlift.

Best squat was 325x10. If it counts 720x10 on the seated squat press. I never really found my 1 rep max.

Current bench = 5x3 pause reps @ 200. Max out @ 235 lbs
    - I was higher on max bench but I sprained my A.C. Joint in my shoulder, and my U.C. Ligament in my elbow in fall 2010 -
    Last edited by Kung-fu Jesus; 10/17/2011 7:54pm at .
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213