Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2011 11:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you mean "damn running". Heh, I've been trying to run again, and my knees hate me. I'm only about 70 pounds heavier than the last time I ran.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 2:52am

Style: The grapply boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear that. Put on 30 pounds since I used to run. After two months of boxing, I was down to 160lbs at 6'5''. Three months of SL5x5 put me up to just under 190. Guess I'm still getting used to it.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 3:03am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like all things, running is one of those things that needs to be programmed appropriately, and can be overdone with detrimental effects. Also keep in mind that, depending on your particular objectives, running is not necessarily better than walking. Especially if walking with certain added challenges such as weighted packs or significant inclines.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 3:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm trying to be able to GTFO when the situation calls for it, chase people down for arrests (it's always surprising how much MORE most people suck at running than I do.), and improve my cardio.
    Basically everything that's not covered by starting up Judo again, and weightlifting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 3:44am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started lifting in fourth grade so I was around nine or ten years old. I don't remember what I lifted then, I started on a DP machine in my backyard. I was a fat pudgy kid and wanted to be Arnold at the time. By the end of eight grade, about fourteen years old I was 5'4" 188lbs and free benched 240lbs. Two years later I was already having shoulder issues. My senior year of high-school during my last season of football, at age seventeen, I was 5'6" (as I am now) 209lbs Squat over 400lbs benched over 325lbs. The day I put up 325, I got into a contest with our fullback who was 6'2" 225lbs. We started that day at 275lbs and increased like seven times when I hit 325 after he couldn't bench 320. My regular workout partner, wanted me to attempt 360 the following Monday, but with my aching shoulders I said no way. Now a days I won't go near a bench with more than 225lbs on it. Unless you are a competing power lifter, lifting heavy really isn't worth it. Less weight, more reps, good form is more important.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2011 4:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My goals are a lot smaller than most PLs. I want to push 200, squat 300, and pull 400. Hopefully within 12 months.

My squat will probably be down to 140 or something after I'm done healing. I started with an empty bar, and haven't hit maxes because I don't have a spotter. I just work with comfortable weights.

BP 140 5x5, SQ 165 5x5, DL 225 1x5 are the best I've put up. Probably down 30% or so on all three, almost two months off now. Went in the other day to test the waters, and could only BP 110 4x5, -1 rep. DL'd two plates (any more hurt the foot). Couldn't squat still.

Why does a running injury kill my squat, but I can already run again? Damn it.

Posted On:
    8/11/2011 10:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ & CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Olympic lifts, anyone?

PRs (in pounds -- All of these were done when I was competing in the 77kg/169lb weight class.):
    Snatch 205
    Clean & jerk 245
    Squat (ATG) 345
    Bench 285
    Deadlift 430

These lifts were all around 2008. Then I tore up my shoulder, so I had to back off the weights. That's when I returned to martial arts after a decade-long hiatus. Shoulder surgery in 2009. These days I spend more time on the mat and less time in the weight room, and I'm more careful about the joints, so my Olympic lifts are down by 10-15% and my powerlifts are down by 5-10%.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    8/12/2011 2:08am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Relative to my squat and deadlift, my Olympic lift numbers are tragically low. I squat 400 and deadlift 500.... but my snatch is only like 175, and my clean and jerk is maybe 255... on a good day. Which is especially pathetic since I can overhead press at least what I can snatch.

Guess I know what my training focus should be.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 1:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

One rep max

When I was reading this at first I thought every one on Bullshido was either a liar or some sort of military experiment. Then I realized every one is American and was stating there personal records in pounds.

Bench: 187
    Dead: 308
    Squat: ?

In my defense I have only been weight training once a week for a few months, do very little bench and have never tried to squat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2011 5:45pm

Style: Boxing newb, HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Squat 45 lbs

Bench 20 lbs

Deadlift 60 lbs

That's coming off a long period of not lifting at all, so starting pretty much from nothing. Highest I ever got was 185 lbs squat, 140 lbs deadlift, and 75 lbs bench... still pretty weak.
    Last edited by wuss; 10/10/2011 5:50pm at .
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast