Posted On:
    4/28/2011 3:44am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 13: Episode 5 **SPOILERS**

1. Brock Lesnar is not a leader.
    2. Mick is not a boxer.
    3. “He spoke his mind at the fire” sounds like some desert island reality show bullshit.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm really having trouble finding much worth talking about this season. Oh yeah, that **** with Chris was embarrassing. I haven't seen people behave like that since junior high.

Why the hell doesn't Dos Santos have an interpreter? It didn't take me long to figure out that “together” means “clinch,” but it seems like his vocabulary isn't enough to communicate with Lew.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 4:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dos Santos speaks just fine.

Lesnar is an asshole and Len is a bitch.

Not a bad fight I thought. The british guy looked scared though. He was doing much better in the clinch than the stand-up.

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 5:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Dos Santos speaks just fine.
    True, I was only saying that Dos Santos's vocabulary seems to be a bit too limited to get through to Lew...but, then again, I'm dumb enough to think that a cogent argument might make a difference.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 9:29am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robostafarian - that was the lamest write up ever. You gotta recap, man!
    I was hoping someone would anyway; I came in when 2 guys were arguing over some secret agent / spy bullshit. Mainly I saw the fight, which was OK.

The Brit guy really hated getting hit - was that Mick? Was he a grappler? If so, wtf? He had 0 takedowns and didn't look good for the 30 sec they were on the ground. Thank goodness he had some leg kicks, because his hands absolutely sucked. Every punch came back to his chest and no head movement - counter-punchers dream. He should have been ktfo in round 1. These dudes need a boxing coach desperately.

Georgia boy never really let loose despite his superior striking. If he had just committed to a couple of combinations, or pressured more, he could have dominated. I'd like to see him fight again, but that finger was trashed. Too bad.

One good thing about Brock- he was actually trying to help his guy stay calm, get mentally right, and warm up before the match. He sucks as a leader; I honestly believe he is doing his best, he's just out of his element.

I like Dos Santos, but I see what Lew is doing too. Dos Santos is very laid back while Lew is pushing hard. I hope they don't fall out and **** up the team dynamic, because they (the JDS fighters) seem pretty cohesive right now from the little bits I tune in for.

Last comment - Brock took his haircut from Machoke:
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 12:45pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock didn't look quite as bad as he usually does there towards the end. Actually had a decent game plan for his guy and wasn't acting like a complete retard there.

I think the whole thing with Chris is a.) he's a weird fucker and b.) he's the most inexperienced guy in the house so he's trying to observe and absorb as much as he can since he has the furthest to go skill wise out of the guys that are in still in the comp. Still, odd way to go about it.

For an "aggressive" striker, Mick didn't show a lot of aggression. The way he and the coaches talked I figured he was gonna go in, fire off combos quick and hard, circle around the rush and pick him a part. Instead, he basically ran away and only threw single strikes. Not a part of the given game plan and not a great way to go about winning.

Clay did a decent enough job. He clearly controlled the center and threw way more effective strikes than Mick. Sucks about the hand, I would have liked to see if he was capable of more.

Edit: Also, I'm positive the producers are making a mountain out of a mole hill with the whole JDS/Lew Polley thing. There's not a lot of drama going on in Team JDS itself, so they're focusing on the minor quibbles that strong personalities tend to get into. Nothing major, just part of it, and everyone gets on just fine towards the common goal.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 1:01pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was pretty dissapointed in the fight again. One decent fight this season in my humble opinion, and it was last weeks show.

The one moment in this show that caught my attention was towards the beginning of the show. Lew was giving Mick a talk in the locker room with all the guys about how Mick needs to bring it and what it's all about, then the camara panned over to Dos Santos and you could see him just studying Mick's reactions and then you could just see the concerned look come accross Dos Santos' face. It was like Dos Santos could just tell so early in the show that his fighter was in trouble and that he doubted himself (Mick, not Dos Santos).

Props to Clay for what he did, but I can't see either one of them in the UFC any time soon. But who knows? Based on the fights this season Clay might have taken it all if he hadn't broken his finger. This season has been very drama oriented with chick like whinning. Not even bitching about practical jokes gone too far or anything like that, but about petty high school crap kind of whinning.

All I've gotten from this season so far is that Dos Santos is good at reading people. That and that Lesner is not a good coach. By the way, 6 times in last nights episode (not counting the flashback of last weeks show which included an additional 1) "chickenshit" was dropped. It's gotten to the point I'm drinking a swig of beer everytime he says chickenshit. Which wasn't bad considering I was enjoying a Doghead 60 Minute IPA. I think that might have been the highlight of last nights show.

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Robostafarian - that was the lamest write up ever. You gotta recap, man!
    I was hoping someone would anyway; I came in when 2 guys were arguing over some secret agent / spy bullshit. Mainly I saw the fight, which was OK.
    Sorry, I still think of these TUF threads the way they were a few years ago—everyone has seen the show, so now we get together and bitch about it (with a few interesting comments thrown in for flavor).

I really am having a hard time thinking of anything worth talking about this season, though. It is entertaining enough to sit there and watch, but nothing makes me think “I've got to remember to mention that! [Person] totally [past tense verb] [direct object]...did anyone else see that?”

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 4:06pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I get it. Nothing really noteworthy going on, I was just hoping for some explanation of what the stupid drama was over, and a tad of history on the fighters.
    I train Wed nights, and roll from 8 till 9:15 or so. I'd rather do that than rush home and watch the dumb show, and I don't care enough to DVR it.
    blah.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 4:09pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God that fight sucked. During the second round I was practically screaming at the tv for Mick to start letting his hands go. You could see Clay was tired and when Mick did step in with the jab he was connecting. Dude was scared to take a punch, which is odd because he ate some pretty hard shots and didn't get rattled. I think it's time that TUF took a year or so off because the talent level is really starting to drop.

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 4:38pm

Style: bjj boxing nube

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's something interesting to talk about that I saw in last night's episode. What the hell was up with that idiot trainer and the "push punch"? Am I the only one who thought that was completely retarded? That was the kind of technique I would expect to see taught at a McDojo, not by someone at a UFC training camp. I don't know who he was, but he struck me as a trainer that has managed to stick around since the start of the UFC but has never really evolved with the game. Any striking coach I have ever worked with has always said that you should snap the jab out and immediately recoil; not to leave it hanging out there so you can push your opponent's head back while simultaneously connecting with a right...garbage
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast