Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 8:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does this even need an investigation?

I am no expert on martial arts. I am just a fan. That said, I got excited when I saw a sign for Gracie Jiu Jitsu in Mobile, AL. Then, I looked it up, and alarm bells started going off. The website is teamhopkinsgjj.com . The instructors listed in their Pensacola, FL, and Mobile, AL locations have brown belts as owners/head instructors, and blue belts and a green belt (Mobile) and a purple belt and blue belt (Pensacola). No ranking is listed for the owner/head instructor in Morgan City, LA, and his assistant is a blue belt. The other three locations each have at least one black belt.

I suppose my question is this: Does this sound as "off" to anyone else as it does to me?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 11:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alas, if only there were some way to contact the head instructor and ask what his credentials are...

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 12:46am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by childofthe80s View Post
    I am no expert on martial arts. I am just a fan. That said, I got excited when I saw a sign for Gracie Jiu Jitsu in Mobile, AL. Then, I looked it up, and alarm bells started going off. The website is teamhopkinsgjj.com . The instructors listed in their Pensacola, FL, and Mobile, AL locations have brown belts as owners/head instructors, and blue belts and a green belt (Mobile) and a purple belt and blue belt (Pensacola). No ranking is listed for the owner/head instructor in Morgan City, LA, and his assistant is a blue belt. The other three locations each have at least one black belt.

I suppose my question is this: Does this sound as "off" to anyone else as it does to me?
    Off is your knowledge of teaching ranks in BJJ and the difference between Instructor and assistant instructor.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by childofthe80s View Post

Does this even need an investigation?
    No. It doesn't. Thank you for wasting our time.