Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 2:24pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I was trying to be nice but my house is flooding so **** it. OP is a creepy ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 2:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also what Marc is pointing out about Don Pentecost's book has to do with dueling and/or martial arts fantasy versus primal realities. He's not recommending that book for any self defense purposes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 2:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stray_bullet View Post
    Actually I was trying to be nice but my house is flooding so **** it. OP is a creepy ************.
    I'm going to go ahead and apologize for this since I'm trying not to be so much of an asshole anymore. Going through some really hard times right now so I'm cranky but that really isn't an excuse.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 3:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: knife throwing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to go ahead and apologize for this since I'm trying not to be so much of an asshole anymore. Going through some really hard times right now so I'm cranky but that really isn't an excuse.
    I'm mystified as to any creepiness you see in my posts. I'm a kind, amiable person. I don't even kill insects--except flies and other entomological assholes--if I can help it.

I live about 40 min. drive from Little Rock, if you'd be willing to teach me Eskrima, that'd be cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really not at any sort of level to feel comfortable teaching but could direct you to some good teachers. Also I can always use training partners.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2011 4:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your first post reeked to me of a violence geek but on closer inspection I didn't really think that was the case. Sorry about that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 1:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why doesn't MMA use the old-school stance from here? If it made closing to grapple harder, plus there, right?

It does look weird, but that may be due to the 19th Century camel toe, more than anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 2:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd have to imagine there's a whole world of difference between using that stance in a sport where you MAY want to get a takedown if the opportunity (i.e boxing clinch) arises but still isn't really a central part of the game and using it in a sport where you have entire classifications of fighters that the shoot to takedown followed by groundwork is their bread and butter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 4:23am

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_free View Post

In this paragraph he claims lots of martial arts experience, and no belts or rankings, and no teachers or schools. Later in the same paragraph he talks about research into a couple of pretty heavy fields, and lists no degrees or credentials. People that tend to be experts in criminology and psychology are normally doctors. Legal use of force? Tend to be lawyers. Id have to look around the site more, but this smells like fish.
    Good thing legal use of force is one of those things that is totally universal and in no way varies from location to location. Also, I'm glad we have can go buy a book on it instead of looking up local laws. That google **** is hard.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 8:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd have to imagine there's a whole world of difference between using that stance in a sport where you MAY want to get a takedown if the opportunity (i.e boxing clinch) arises but still isn't really a central part of the game and using it in a sport where you have entire classifications of fighters that the shoot to takedown followed by groundwork is their bread and butter.
    That's true.

I guess what I'm wondering is why those who have a more stand-up game don't use it to keep the grapplers away?

There must be a reason, because there are no rules on techniques allowed, right? MMA being a hybrid of what works best.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast