4/27/2011 6:19am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chivalric Fighting Arts Association

http://www.chivalricfighting.org/

Just a heads-up ...

Founded in 2011, the Chivalric Fighting Arts Association (CFAA) is an international organization of schools and clubs devoted to the study of historical European martial arts, particularly those practiced in a chivalric context, used in war, the tournament, and the duel.

Our member schools share a dedication to the revival of the fighting arts from the past, as well as a belief that the study and practice of these arts is a tool for building character and personal discipline - qualities that we believe can be of benefit to the modern world as much as they were for the ancient one.

CFAA members study diverse martial arts - from lands ranging from Iberia to Britain, from the late Middle Ages to the early modern era, and including weapons ranging from the sword and buckler to the rapier. Ours is a fraternal organization, without a governing body, bound together only by our shared values, mutual support of our endeavors, and passion for ancient martial arts and their cultural milieu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 4:28pm

Style: Kyokushin/Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This sounds badass and I hope it will contribute to inter-academy cooperation and training.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 4:38pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To a certain extent, there already exist some inter-academy ties: The CFAA formalises pre-existing relationships rather than being created out of thin air to foster them. (The school where I practice, Vancouver’s Academie Duello, recently hosted a large symposium with visiting instructors coming from as far and wide as Helsinki.) The original announcement, and some discussion, are here, on Sword Forum.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 5:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sigh I wish I had an academy. I do sport fencing for conditioning and reflexes and study old manuals like a lot of people started out doing. I got really into Destreza and that's my big interest right now HEMA wise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 7:53am

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epeeist View Post
    Sigh I wish I had an academy. I do sport fencing for conditioning and reflexes and study old manuals like a lot of people started out doing. I got really into Destreza and that's my big interest right now HEMA wise.
    Have you studied with Maestro Martinez yet?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 10:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
    Have you studied with Maestro Martinez yet?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk
    Have his videos on the subject and also his French smallsword ones. I plan on making a visit over the summer for a couple weeks actually.