4/26/2011 11:26am, #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
this talk about UFC rules, which have you broken?
The wrist lock / instant break thread made me go check out what the current rules in the UFC are. I went to ufc.com and got this list:
- Butting with the head.
- Eye gouging of any kind.
- Hair pulling.
- Fish hooking.
- Groin attacks of any kind.
- Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
- Small joint manipulation.
- Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
- Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
- Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
- Clawing, pinching or twisting of the flesh.
- Grabbing the clavicle.
- Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
- Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
- Stomping a grounded opponent.
- Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
- Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
- Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
- Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent
- Spitting at an opponent.
- Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes injury to an opponent.
- Holding the ropes or the fence.
- Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
- Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
- Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
- Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
- Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
- Timidity, including, but without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
- Interference by the corner.
- Throwing in the towel during competition.
so which of these have you broken?
here's my list:
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 17, 20, 22, 29
Those are mostly from fights with my younger brother as a kid. We still remember 17 as the "kidney cripple."
Extra douche points if you've done any of them in a competition where it's against their rules.
4/26/2011 11:30am, #2
Great. Now I have to add about twenty more things to my bucket list.
4/26/2011 11:32am, #3
Usually I start off by 24ing, then they 22 me and I 29 or 31."Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
4/26/2011 11:34am, #4
4/26/2011 5:55pm, #5
90% of my style is not allowed in UFC. All of our techniques involve either fishhooking, spitting, holding the fence, timidity, or throwing in the towel.The fool thinks himself immortal,
If he hold back from battle;
But old age will grant him no truce,
Even if spears spare him.
4/26/2011 6:33pm, #6
I never really got the grabbing the clavicle rule.
4/26/2011 9:44pm, #7
The AC/SC joints aren't very solid connections. I don't know that one could consistently deliberately pop them if they were trying to, but having a bunch of big guys tugging away on each other's clavicles as a handhold for throws (or just dragging each other down by them) you'd probably see some injuries.
4/26/2011 10:57pm, #8
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Charlotte, NC
4/28/2011 3:03pm, #9
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
i see no rule against urinating in my soon to be opponent's beer....
although the guy never became an "opponent"....
Last edited by Bluto Blutarsky; 4/28/2011 3:05pm at . Reason: addition
4/28/2011 3:16pm, #10