224710 Bullies, 4232 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bones hurt: Evans to fight Phil Davis at UFC 133

Jon "Bones" Jones will not be fighting former teammate Rashad Evans at UFC 133. A lingering hand injury, aggravated during the Jones/Rua fight, has sunk hopes for Jones/Evans soon.

Jones (13-1) didn't want to have surgery, according to his camp, but couldn't deny what doctors were telling him. Evans (15-1-1) will now face Phil Davis (9-0).

Davis, a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion, most recently defeated Antonio Rogerio Nogueira by unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 24.

Evans, who sat a year, following his defeat of "Rampage" Jackson waiting to fight Rua; was himself injured, and missed his moment to fight Rua (Jones instead getting the Rua fight, winning it in dominant fashion).

Jones and Evans then had a rather public falling-out. Their fight for the LHW title, would have been one of the most highly anticipated fights of the year, as Jones is mma's biggest new star, and former friends fighting for the LHW belt would have rocketed fan interest in the matchup beyond it's already near-silly proportions.

Thoughts people? I personally think Evans/Davis could be a great fight. Obviously not seeing Bones and Evans go at it yet, is a disappointment, but this has great potential as well.

So what are the odds Davis will win, and spoil Evans run to reclaim the LHW title? How will Evans perform, now his goal for a title shot has once-again been frustrated?

Bullies?

Posted On:
    4/26/2011 4:27pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Errrghh :( **** ... that's all that comes to mind. I dunno about their public 'falling out'. Quite frankly if Evans wants a shot at the title, it shouldn't matter if a teammate has it, they're both professionals.

As for Phil Davis / Evans fight, I dunno it's hard to say. Phil is pretty damn good, but I'm going to give the speed and athleticism to Rashad.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/26/2011 4:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too early for Phil. He said himself that he'd like to improve his skills before fighting top contenders.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

:)

Posted On:
    4/26/2011 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems it's fly-or-fall for Evans and Davis now. I doubt either of them would want to frustrate the UFC's attempts to bridge the gap between now and a Jones title defense. Especially now Zuffa is the only kennel in the pound, for all intents and purposes.

Posted On:
    4/26/2011 5:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: American Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've really been looking to see Bones get in the octagon again, so obviously I'm disappointed. As for this fight I think Evans will win, but he might have to shake off some ring-rust, he hasn't fought in a while. Does anyone know how long Jones will be out? I'd hate to see one of these two win this fight but somehow not get an immediate title shot because of timing issues.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 9:00am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get it. Jackson beats Machida and gets Matt Hamill, Davis beats Little Nog and gets a shot at the title?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 9:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, should have said shot at the top contender.

:)

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    makes as much sense as Lesnar losing horribly to Cain, and fighting for the #1 contender w/ JDS. Not only that, but coaching on their flagship show.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 11:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    makes as much sense as Lesnar losing horribly to Cain, and fighting for the #1 contender w/ JDS. Not only that, but coaching on their flagship show.
    No that does make sense since Lesnar gets press. Let's face it, HW divisions are hard to sell so recognition tends to go ahead of merit. But Jackson is both known and deserving of a shot at contention.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...And the UFC LHW title continues to be the Hope Diamond of MMA.

It's cursed I tell ya'. I foresee Rashad winning (on experience) but re-injuring himself and Jones will then fight whoever Dana hypes up next so he doesn't have to forfeit the cursed belt.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast