218275 Bullies, 7552 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Midwest Mega Mayhem Throwdown Set

Bullshido "Mega" Throwdown: Kansas City

The Midwest "Mega" Throwdown is set to invade Cow Town the last weekend of May. So far, we've got people coming from Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, Tennesse, and Missouri. If you haven't RSVP'd yet, please post here to let us know we're coming so we can get a firm headcount.

If you've been in a cave for the last few years, Bullshido pioneered the concept of bringing Martial Artists together to exchange ideas and techniques in realistic sparring in order to help fight off the irrational views of one's martial prowess so often found in schools that avoid this kind of sparring. Throwdowns help Martial Artists see where they really stand, what really works, and what really doesn't.

Our Throwdowns aren't happy little "meets" where people demonstrate their pseudo-martial dance choreography, burning rage against lumber, or fluency in other languages. People get hit, and hit hard, and that's what seperates us from the Partial Artists that plague the Martial Arts today.

Location: Crawford's MMA, 88th and Metcalf, Overland Park, KS.

The itinerary will be as follows:

<center>Friday, 26 May:

People arrive, night on the town.

Saturday, 27 May:

9:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Rolling/Sparring at Crawford's MMA

1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Lunch (Sushi?)/Travel.

3:00 PM - Sunset: Gunstraviganza - Firearms range, blowing things up.

8:00 PM - Whenever: Night on the town (Plaza, Westport).</center>
    Attached Images  

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 4:07pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The awesomeness of this itinerary pisses me off. I hate every single one of you.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I GOING TO COME AND TELL PHROST WHAT I THINK OF HIM TO HIS FACE!!! Well, that and get some BBQ...

All Out of Bubblegum

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 2:03pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    I GOING TO COME AND TELL PHROST WHAT I THINK OF HIM TO HIS FACE!!! Well, that and get some BBQ...
    eat first

then if he makes trouble you can be like

don't do it buddy

Your gloves will get all BBQ-y
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Fear and bullets.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second ClassRecommendation First Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 3:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can take Scrapper's "Wing chun challenge."

Anybody who can beat me with trapping and chain punching in the cage gets all their booze for the weekend paid for by me.

*Must be a legitimate 'chunner. No ringers faking the 'chun.

*pure Aikidoka are eligible as well. Must employ techniques identifiable as Aikido.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 11:40am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    You can take Scrapper's "Wing chun challenge."

Anybody who can beat me with trapping and chain punching in the cage gets all their booze for the weekend paid for by me.

*Must be a legitimate 'chunner. No ringers faking the 'chun.

*pure Aikidoka are eligible as well. Must employ techniques identifiable as Aikido.

Are you serious? If I wear my old costume and only use what I learned - WC + some poorly taught western boxing - from the place I did WC, and I beat you, you'll buy my alcohol for the entire weekend?

That might be worth getting pounded in the face for.

To hell with trying to cut-down to 190. I'm going to bulk up to 230. I'll need every factor I can manipulate.

Fear and bullets.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second ClassRecommendation First Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 12:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is ok...as long as you use only what you learned in Wing chun. If you beat me with a sub (a la pankration) you only get the satisfaction of whupping me; because you've missed the point.

Other than that...you are good to go.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 12:36pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    That is ok...as long as you use only what you learned in Wing chun. If you beat me with a sub (a la pankration) you only get the satisfaction of whupping me; because you've missed the point.

Other than that...you are good to go.

The wing chun place I trained at also did "grappling", which was BJJ done at about the same crappy level I'm at [slightly more than zero].

I should change the Pankration in my style-sig because I haven't had the time to train there in over a year.

Edit: If I have the time and money when I move th KC around the 21st, I'll be checking out Crawford's.
    Last edited by Quikfeet509; 4/12/2006 12:39pm at .

Fear and bullets.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 12:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you use BJJ, it's not 'chun, and does not count. I want t3h r34l chun!

Motorboatin SOB

Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 10:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What will it take for someone to pick up my bar tab?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast