Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 3:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I'm neither here nor there with it. Hard to crucify an ignorant 10 year old and her naive parents. Of course her instructor(s) should have heads removed from their assess.
    Her dad owns the dojo, but according to the article he brought in outsider instructors to grade her.
    So I will agree about the kid's nativity, but her father and his cronies should have that cranialrectal surgery you were discussing

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to point out that once you have a black belt in one style of karate, it's not that hard to get a second one. Hell, I got a red belt in Tang Soo Do virtually by accident.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 4:11pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I'd like to point out that once you have a black belt in one style of karate, it's not that hard to get a second one. Hell, I got a red belt in Tang Soo Do virtually by accident.
    Yeah, I took a college martial arts class that was tang soo do, and we learned the first 3 forms. Later on, I learned they're basically the same as shotokan (which makes sense).

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by senseipookie View Post
    No, but look at the tread title. Unfortunately, crap MA like this gives TMA a bad name.
    That being said, I'm sure that little girl worked very hard for a long time (in the perspective of her 11 years) and deserves recognition for what she has done, but earned black belts in 4 styles AT ONCE at 11 YEARS OLD? And too many people out there think that's what karate is supposed to be like.

I can't tell you how many unhappy parents I have when they realize that their little future superstar is not going to get an 11th degree black belt in a month and a half, and that they are going to be challenged and expected to do things right before they are given the chance to try to advance - which BTW is not guaranteed.

So yeah, as a traditional martial artist and instructor, it does kind of get my panties in a bunch.
    You know I must understand this perspective. Maybe I've evolved or maybe I'm just defeatist, I don't know, but I don't think Karate's name is something that can be salvaged anymore. All that's left is to practice it how you believe is the right way and the people who want to do it, for real, will go to your school instead of the place with the 11 year-old black belts down block. Hopefully.

I just don't think it's classy to spam post a young kid's name so this thread pops up when anyone searches her name. Now if you guys did that to her instructor or better yet his school's name....

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 8:56pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    I would just like to point out that hopefully, Samantha Knopfer, searches Google for her name, "Samantha Knopfer" in 7 years and realizes that she, Samantha Knopfer, is not the badass that her daddy told her she was. And Samantha Knopfer, if you are reading this in the year 2018, I hope you have realized the error of your ways.

So future, Samantha Knopfer... if you would like to make amends with Bullshido for your shenanigans, please feel free to BUMP this thread with nekked pictures of your now-legal self.

Samantha Knopfer. Samantha Knopfer. Samantha Knopfer.
    You're not helping us by acting like a fucking neckbeard.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 9:17pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, for an 11 year old she's a lot better than most 11 year olds that I see. And as already suggested, she MAY be a child black belt rank.

Which we'll all agree isn't the same as an adult black belt rank (no matter how you look at it).

This is clearly a hype up by the people reporting on it, and the people who look at this and go "WO'H!!!" have no fucking clue, so who cares.

And for those commenting on her 'form' in her Kata ... seriously who gives a ****, it's Kata.

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 9:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I'd like to point out that once you have a black belt in one style of karate, it's not that hard to get a second one.
    Yep...first Isshin-Ryu, then Kyokushin.

Should be a breeze.

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 9:29pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that order.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2011 10:10pm

Style: karate!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm i wonder if she'll realize when she gets older what it means to get a blackbelt...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2011 6:38am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Meh, for an 11 year old she's a lot better than most 11 year olds that I see. And as already suggested, she MAY be a child black belt rank.
    I disagree.
    I see plenty of the kids her age, or even younger that practice and compete in judo at my dojo, and I guarantee you they will kick her ass.

Giving a child Fake Accolades for a non-achievement is not good parenting/teaching!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast