Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 2:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excludedmiddle View Post
    If I remember correctly, gay marriage has been legalized in multiple US states and is in the process of legalization in many other states. How's gay marriage coming along in Serbia?
    Gay marriage will not be legalized here for a long time, if ever. Which I don't view as something negative to be honest. Our government should focus on other things at the moment.

I'm sure that most of the population doesn't care about gays, but its still it isn't advisable to gay it up in public.

Gay parades cause a big shitstorm every time and pretty much nobody supports it. The worst of hooligans come crawling out of the woodwork and pour into the streets fighting the police, gays and trashing the city. Both the hooligans and the parade organizers are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by excludedmiddle View Post
    Gay, straight, black, white, transsexual, this person is still human and what happened was absolutely disgusting.
    Agreed.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gay marriage will not be legalized here for a long time, if ever. Which I don't view as something negative to be honest. Our government should focus on other things at the moment.
    "I don't like gays getting married but I don't want to have to defend this position."

I'm sure that most of the population doesn't care about gays, but its still it isn't advisable to gay it up in public.
    "As long as gays are tucked away where I don't ever see them, everything's cool."

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    "I don't like gays getting married but I don't want to have to defend this position."
    Dunno, never thought about it much. Its not going to happen soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    "As long as gays are tucked away where I don't ever see them, everything's cool."
    As I said, most people don't care, but there is a chance somebody will react, and it won't be pretty.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 4:01pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    As I said, most people don't care, but there is a chance somebody will react, and it won't be pretty.
    The thing is this is exactly what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "gay it up in public" and why isn't it advisable? Because some creep might decide to boost his confidence by picking on you like he would with any other minority or disadvantaged person if he felt he could get away with it? If so would you advise against being different in other circumstances or does it only apply if you're a big fat queer? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 4:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stray_bullet View Post
    The thing is this is exactly what happened here.
    Probably. But still, I would be pretty pissed if a guy entered the female bathroom while my girlfriend was in it.

What exactly do you mean by "gay it up in public" and why isn't it advisable? Because some creep might decide to boost his confidence by picking on you like he would with any other minority or disadvantaged person if he felt he could get away with it? If so would you advise against being different in other circumstances or does it only apply if you're a big fat queer? Inquiring minds would like to know.
    By gaying it up I meant kissing your boyfriend in public, holding hands etc. And yes, I would advise against doing that in Serbia, because there is a realistic chance you will have problems or get beaten for it. I'm describing the current situation here. Do you have a problem with something I said?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must be missing the part where the girl getting beat up looks anything like a guy at all. If she was to enter the men's room she would have to deal with potential assault (physical or sexual) more often than not. There is far less danger for everyone if she uses the women's room. I think you have a weird misunderstanding of trans people and frankly yes it's pretty damn offensive.

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must be missing the part where the girl getting beat up looks anything like a guy at all.
    If he doesn't look like a guy, then they weren't beating on him for being a tranny. We don't know what happened here. For all I know, they might have seen a dick in there and freaked out. Still, there is no excuse for what they did.

I think you have a weird misunderstanding of trans people and frankly yes it's pretty damn offensive.
    I haven't researched them in detail, so you are free to enlighten me.

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well what are these employees suppose to do? It looked like one guy (employee?) tried to help for a little while but there was nothing he could do without laying hands on the women. I mean corporations will fire these employees for getting involved. So what can people do? Sacrifice their livelihood so someone doesn't get beaten up? Some might help, but I think most wouldn't. People are almost always going to put themselves first.

I'm guessing corporations have these policies because they can get sued if an employee breaks up a fight and someone gets injured in the process? This reminds me of those Walmart employees who got fired for stopping a guy who pointed a gun at them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 5:10pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must be missing the part where the girl getting beat up looks anything like a guy at all. If she was to enter the men's room she would have to deal with potential assault (physical or sexual) more often than not. There is far less danger for everyone if she uses the women's room.
    It is in the Smoking Gun link I provided earlier. Apparently, something went down in the bathroom and what we are seeing is the result. Again this is from the guy filming and must be taken with a grain of salt. The beating is BS regardless of what went down inside the bathroom.

Oh and looks? There are quite a few cases of "looks" sending people to jail erroneously that is no excuse one way or the other.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/23/2011 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I shouldn't gloss over the fact that the girl getting beat up could have been a rude obnoxious bitch cruisin' for a bruisin'. I think it was last year on black friday there was a widely publicized case and a lot of outrage over a transwoman getting beaten up by a man while waiting for a store to open. It ended up via surveillance and eyewitness accounts that she not only started the fight but was also considerably bigger than the guy she was fighting, who was actually protecting his girlfriend. The terminology he used was really crass but that was the only shitty thing he did. I actually knew the woman that got beat up and yes she was a mouthy, entitled, confrontational bitch.

Thing is here that she's not a big woman (maybe tall) and definitely not the (physical) aggressor so I have a hard time believing it wasn't a transphobia based assault.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast