Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 4:37pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    On one hand, Lesnar does actually have a point about the amount of chest-thumping wannabe alpha male dipshittery that goes on in the house. On the other hand, he's not exactly leading by example or inspiring his guys much. He's like a parent who yells at his kid for drinking out of the carton when the kid saw him do it first. And really, nobody is going to put in their best effort when they know they're going to get bitched at no matter what. His team seems to have adopted the philosophy of "If you're going to **** up, **** up royally".
    Honestly though what the **** does Lesnar expect when you put 14 alpha males(well in their minds anyway) into a house for six weeks? It's nothing new to the show, it happens every season. Looking back at previous seasons the winning team is almost always coached by someone who keeps his team in line, pushes them hard but encourages comraderie and keeps it a tight knit group. I don't think there's any difference mentally between Lesnars team or Dos Santos', Junior is simply a better leader.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 5:29pm

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wizard View Post
    No ****. Even when they won Lesnar was telling them they sucked. Someone should inform him that reverse psychology really only works in cartoons...
    So, you mean, we should tell him that it does work outside of cartoons?

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 8:53pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking back at previous seasons the winning team is almost always coached by someone who keeps his team in line, pushes them hard but encourages comraderie and keeps it a tight knit group. I don't think there's any difference mentally between Lesnars team or Dos Santos', Junior is simply a better leader.
    Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. Lesnar's bitching about their behavior only has so much weight because he isn't doing **** to mitigate it.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 11:59pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Well yeah, that's what I'm saying. Lesnar's bitching about their behavior only has so much weight because he isn't doing **** to mitigate it.
    Yeah I got that, my point was he seems shocked by the attitude when it happens every damn season.

:)

Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesOverdrive
    Awards:
    Calendar Czar

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    take the behavior equation, and add a retard-factor into it. Now you understand perfectly. Lesnar is a dumb jock. Living a stereotype, and destined for mid-life-fail.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 5:56am

Style: BJJ & Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    The fight wasn't bad - Twinkletoes impressed me with how he put on his game face and came out with a good plan, stuck to the plan, and shut down Charlie. Round 2 Charlie didn't really seem interested in fighting; he got taken down easily compared to round 1, and when that choke went on, he didn't even defend. That would piss me off, but Brock's rant was uncalled for, as was the stool throwing.

So once again Brock's complete lack of skill as a coach and motivator come shining through. And more chicken ****. Does Lesnar own a chicken farm or something?
    Yeah, i was rooting for Ramsey/twinkletoes but taught Charlie would win because i taught he was the better fighter. But he stuck to his gameplan/strenght and then Charlie just gave up. He said **** it and played possum and Lesnar is indeed a crap coach (and even if he's a crap coach maybe the other coaches he brought with him would be good but they're not doing their job either)

And my guess is that he's sponsored by chicken.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 7:19am

Style: Muay Thai, Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Charlie really went into that fight with a heart set on winning. It seemed like he just oozed apathy in the fight. And then tapped before the choke was even set completely.

If I were one of Lesnar's fighters I would done a chicken suit for next practice. Maybe that way he would actually be interested in training you.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 10:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias. View Post
    Lesnar is indeed a crap coach (and even if he's a crap coach maybe the other coaches he brought with him would be good but they're not doing their job either)
    This right here. I'm not all that surprised that Lesnar isn't a good coach; he's too focused on himself to give a damn about teaching anyone. I am surprised by how little his real coaches are doing though. I'd have thought that Lesnar would have a serious team of trainers, but going by that training session they showed, they lack any direction whatsoever. Everyone was just half-assing doing their own thing in the cage because nobody was telling them what they should be doing.

I almost want to think that Lesnar's training looked so bad due to editing, otherwise I just feel sorry for those guys on his team.

edit: Oh also that guy definitely gave up in the fight, but they barely mentioned that his shoulder was injured. If he really did dislocate or separate it when he got taken down, it's a lot more understandable that he let his back get taken and tapped.
    Last edited by Barrett; 4/22/2011 10:13am at .

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 5:55pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidi View Post
    So, you mean, we should tell him that it does work outside of cartoons?
    Wait.........yes..........no...........maybe...... ........................OH SH-
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

solves problems with violence

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/22/2011 7:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one of the coaches for lesnar's team is erik paulson, and he is a great coach, so i'm not sure why the training is so bad for their team, even if brock is being a douchebag (and he is.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast