Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 10:38am

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 13: Episode 4 **SPOILERS**

Wow, I'm actually first to post on this episode.

Anyway, not the most exciting fight but definitely better than the first two. Good wrestling by Ramsey (especially being a literal monkey on Charlie's back in round 2, even after Charlie took his back). Charlie's got adequate takedown defense, but it just seemed like he was never able to do much than fight it for dear life without actually countering in some way.

Lew Polley's right on the money regarding Lesnar's coaching. Dude just acts like he doesn't want to be there and then wonders why his team seems lackadaisical. Also, the best way to motivate your team after a loss is definitely not to call them **** for 20 minutes. Can't blame Len for walking out. Dude fought hard and then gets treated like a 2nd rate slacker.

Also Ramsey's a fruity dude (or he's a shrewd psychological tactician). Reminds me of Prince in a way...
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 11:40am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was said in the first thread about this season and it keeps getting proven right, Lesnar has no idea how to coach.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 11:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nothing inspires confidence and results like chair-throwing

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 1:05pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't understand what any of Brock's coaches are doing. From the little training segments we see, they don't really do much that's impressive. Dos Santos and Polley really seem to push their guys and introduce/drill techniques.

Lesnar's coaches just sort of treat it like another day at the gym, almost like they're bored. I saw more coaching from Hughes that looked useful than anyone else on that team.

The fight wasn't bad - Twinkletoes impressed me with how he put on his game face and came out with a good plan, stuck to the plan, and shut down Charlie. Round 2 Charlie didn't really seem interested in fighting; he got taken down easily compared to round 1, and when that choke went on, he didn't even defend. That would piss me off, but Brock's rant was uncalled for, as was the stool throwing.

So once again Brock's complete lack of skill as a coach and motivator come shining through. And more chicken ****. Does Lesnar own a chicken farm or something?
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 1:21pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I was very impressed with Lesnar last night. He kept the count at three "chickenshits" for the entire show. Possibly his best job yet. Well done.

You're right tao, Charlie didn't even fight against that choke. He just quit, and it was well before the choke was put on. Four horsemen... lolz.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 2:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After the first round he was probably already imagining the bitchfest he was going to get from Lesnar. that kind of thing will drain your will to continue. Make you just wanna say "FuckIt" and give up.

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 3:05pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    After the first round he was probably already imagining the bitchfest he was going to get from Lesnar. that kind of thing will drain your will to continue. Make you just wanna say "FuckIt" and give up.
    No ****. Even when they won Lesnar was telling them they sucked. Someone should inform him that reverse psychology really only works in cartoons...
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 3:33pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My DVR didn't get the first 10 minutes, maybe 15, and stopped recording immediately after Lesnar thew the stool. I came in after the fight pick when Chris was ragging on Ramsey. Can someone fill me in?

This Week's Illustrations of Lesnar's Incompetence:
    1. He brought in a collegiate champion wrestler to add some variety to the training, because Hughes is a different collegiate champion wrestler.
    2. “We don't want to discombobulate anyone, or mess up anyone's game plan that they have in their head; we believe in Charlie, and we're confident he knows his game.”*
    3. “You have to beat this guy; he paints his toenails.”

* I am probably paraphrasing, but I think that's very close to what was said.

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 4:20pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On one hand, Lesnar does actually have a point about the amount of chest-thumping wannabe alpha male dipshittery that goes on in the house. On the other hand, he's not exactly leading by example or inspiring his guys much. He's like a parent who yells at his kid for drinking out of the carton when the kid saw him do it first. And really, nobody is going to put in their best effort when they know they're going to get bitched at no matter what. His team seems to have adopted the philosophy of "If you're going to **** up, **** up royally".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 4:25pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    "You have to beat this guy; he paints his toenails.
    Yes, apparently Brock was facinated by this because he had never seen anything that exotic back in WWE days.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast