MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    4/19/2011 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    Like 95% It doesn't look weird or anything, aside from looking somewhat off centre. I googled Jubei Yagyu and got a lot of pictures of loveheart shaped eyepatches.

You're freaking me out McClaw
    Oh ****, I forgot about the anime. No, I was talking about THIS Jubei Yagyu:

Dude is hardcore.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2011 12:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found a picture of the OP driving to class

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2011 1:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    What did you tell her on how to get rid o the shin splints?? I have them too and have yet to get any advice on how to get rid of it.
    The only sure way to get rid of them is rest, but you can certainly train through them as long you don't just keep piling up the training load and recover well. They will go away as your calves strengthen as long as you aren't making them dramatically worse by training really hard day after day. Anyway, tape them like this when you train:

Then ice them after every session and take 2 Ibuprofen to reduce inflammation. They will get better.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2011 9:48am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deliverator View Post
    The only sure way to get rid of them is rest, but you can certainly train through them as long you don't just keep piling up the training load and recover well. They will go away as your calves strengthen as long as you aren't making them dramatically worse by training really hard day after day. Anyway, tape them like this when you train:

Then ice them after every session and take 2 Ibuprofen to reduce inflammation. They will get better.
    This is what I recommended to her.

Prevention after rest it is recommend calf strengthening and lots of stretching. Usually we find out that certain muscles are pulling on the calves. So you have to find out which muscles are tight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2011 4:33pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My shin bones are like big dull serrated saw blades, thanks to doing gymnastics when I was 11 or 12. Is that related at all? These days I sometimes get home and discover that my entire shin is all bruised up, but it doesn't feel sore at all. I wonder if that's because all the punishment earlier on in life toughened them up?

Posted On:
    4/20/2011 6:04pm

Style: MT/grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muhammad Ali is like that (I heard) because he had a amazing chin and took alot of shots. He won most of his matches tho :)

Shoubox, get checked to see if you have any medical conditions. If you don't have any then dont worry about head trauma lol...

only worry if u get hit extremely hard in the head often. pansy!!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/20/2011 6:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by surreal! View Post
    Muhammad Ali is like that (I heard) because he had a amazing chin and took alot of shots. He won most of his matches tho :)

Shoubox, get checked to see if you have any medical conditions. If you don't have any then dont worry about head trauma lol...

only worry if u get hit extremely hard in the head often. pansy!!
    Again, we are now talking about a Pro Boxer who had a very long career of getting in serious wars in the ring vs. someone who is contemplating maybe doing some sparring in neophyte boxing and not even sure if they would even compete in an amateur match. It's apples and oranges, just no comparison.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 8:35am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    My shin bones are like big dull serrated saw blades, thanks to doing gymnastics when I was 11 or 12. Is that related at all? These days I sometimes get home and discover that my entire shin is all bruised up, but it doesn't feel sore at all. I wonder if that's because all the punishment earlier on in life toughened them up?
    The lack of soreness is because of Kyokushin, not gymnastics.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 12:46pm

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No amount of posting we do will ever change the OP's decision to wuss out.

On the off-chance you're not a troll:

You're dead wrong if you think that being competent at boxing (through contact sparring and hard training) or being intelligent, charming or sensitive and are mutually exclusive.

Lord Byron, for instance, would have stuck his dick in basically any woman (or man) that he wanted. I daresay that Lord Byron possessed a higher intellect than you, got more ***** (or dick) in a single day in his life than mots of us ever will. Despite being physically lame (he had a problem with his Achilles tendons and thus was unable to walk or even stand properly) ended up being a competent boxer, poet and all-around great man. That is to say, a physically handicapped man managed to practice boxing and still lead a very mentally stimulating lifestyle.

I'm actually rather insulted that you make these generalisations; are you implying that you're the intellectual superior of everyone who trains *correctly* in boxing or Muay Thai? That is to say, are you even remotely insinuating that I am too brain damaged to perform well academically on account of being punched in the head?

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by ShouBox View Post
    -I am also leaving the "serious business" to "grown ups" by asking for opinions from experienced sportsman like yourself, and asking doctors of what they think.

Also, girls love sensitive side of guys, and they probably love sensitive guys that make a lot of money, and good at childcare.
    Your grammar is terrible. English is not my first language, and I very much doubt that it is yours. Is Cantonese your first language? I ask this because you type in a similar way to how some of my HK friends *speak*. Furthermore: Scientists are not generally regarded as 'sensitive guys that make a lot of money,' unless things are different wherever it is that you live.

Now, in spite of everything I've said, I'm sure you're actually a very intelligent and rational human being. You're just concered about the effects of sparring on your brain. It's a completely legitimate concern, though (as most people have pointed out), it's nothing to worry about; cuts, bruises and lacerations are one of the most common injuries in *professional* boxing. The average sparring in most any gym will not result in brain damage. From what I gather, you're not training so as to use boxing or Muay Thai as a source of revenue, so just *RELAX*!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2011 2:37pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Obesely View Post
    Now, in spite of everything I've said, I'm sure you're actually a very intelligent and rational human being.
    Really? He sounds like a stuck up twat with an inferiority complex to me.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast