218358 Bullies, 6561 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 63
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,379

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 9:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    Dude, I'm not much older than you, as in 25. But I got to tell you. Don't call yourself a poet.

    Ever.

    No one's impressed. Everyone thinks you're a tard and listen to death cab for cutie.

    In any case, I don't do striking sports because I'm blind in one eye, meaning I've got no peripherals on that side and I'll probably get fucked. That's my excuse, and some bullies and a doctor all told me not to do it.

    I'm probably still going to do kyokushin anyway, because there's less tagging in the face. And I'm a sucker for belts. I'm technically disabled and I do a job requiring using my brain every day, and I'm still willing to give it a go. I just can't afford anything other than bjj at the moment.
    Are you like, totally blind in that eye? Can you where an eyepatch? Because that could be seriously badass, especially if it was one of those Jubei Yagyu-style ones.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
  2. MyDo is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    70

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 9:32pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might be helpful to the person with shin splints:

    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...2604-0,00.html

    To OP: Sensitive guys who are learning to kick ass are very displeased with you! Also, if you are really worried about it then get a buddy in class to test you if you get rocked:

    http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/2011...er-bowl-future

    If your bell gets really wrung stop. If they are any kind of decent human being they typically know when they rocked you and usually will stop of their own accord. Everyone is generally there to learn and won't be head hunting noobs. If that's not true and sparring is just people out to hurt you...then you are in the wrong gym.
    Last edited by MyDo; 4/19/2011 9:46pm at . Reason: grammar
  3. All Dice is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    102

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 9:41pm


     Style: BAWXIN'

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShouBox View Post
    And being a sensitive little ***** makes me aware of things most people aren't, makes for a great scientist.
    No... science is about being wrong and being able to deal with that by changing your theories to find the truth, thus mental toughness.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShouBox View Post
    Also, girls love sensitive side of guys, and they probably love sensitive guys that make a lot of money, and good at childcare.
    Never met an attractive(or unattractive for that matter) woman that didn't like even a little bit of cocky&funny, also being a massive pussie is a big turn off for any woman looking for an "alpha" male(hint 95% of them).

    Quote Originally Posted by ShouBox View Post
    I think everyone should consider becoming a *****. I see much more benefits in the sensitive "*****" than the aggressive "tough guy".
    If you can't change how you act I feel bad for you. Be either one when its advantageous.




    Moral: Don't be a ****
  4. donoraen is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    490

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 9:43pm


     Style: Limalama

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're really worried you could always be this guy.

    After all, he looks so happy in that fishtank he's wearing.
  5. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,923

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 9:59pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShouBox View Post
    -intelligence isn't the opposite of being a social moron
    -in fact, you can be both intelligent and a social moron (Nietzsche)
    -being a social moron can be a good thing depending on the social group you're being a moron to (being good socially in a criminal group can be a bad thing)
    -I am already keeping my "head in the books"
    -I am also leaving the "serious business" to "grown ups" by asking for opinions from experienced sportsman like yourself, and asking doctors of what they think. But I'm sad that you never took me seriously. =[
    1. Who said it was?
    2. That was actually my point.
    3. Way to miss the point.
    4. And I told you, you're too much of a ***** to be taking this activity. Go find something else.
  6. 100xobm is offline
    100xobm's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,206

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 10:34pm


     Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Are you like, totally blind in that eye? Can you where an eyepatch? Because that could be seriously badass, especially if it was one of those Jubei Yagyu-style ones.
    Like 95% It doesn't look weird or anything, aside from looking somewhat off centre. I googled Jubei Yagyu and got a lot of pictures of loveheart shaped eyepatches.

    You're freaking me out McClaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka_UK
    Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.
  7. TaeBo_Master is offline
    TaeBo_Master's Avatar

    Certified Fitness Trainer

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,033

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 10:41pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's give and take, like anything else in life. You can't have it all with no sacrifices. If you want good training, you're going to have to take a risk or two. I notice the OP didn't mention anything about training goals or any kind of desire to train. So let me offer you the following advice: If you're looking at martial arts and the first thing that comes to your mind is "How do I not get hurt?" don't bother. You don't have the mental fortitude to commit yourself in a way that will get you anything from your training. And the last thing this world of McDojos needs is one more person like you. Keep your MMA experience on an Xbox.

    Short version: Omega is correct.

    Edit: I didn't even notice there were 3 pages to this thread.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!


    "You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

    - The Wastrel
  8. ProfessorChaos is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 11:01pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed combative art

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShouBox View Post
    -intelligence isn't the opposite of being a social moron
    -in fact, you can be both intelligent and a social moron (Nietzsche)
    -being a social moron can be a good thing depending on the social group you're being a moron to (being good socially in a criminal group can be a bad thing)
    -I am already keeping my "head in the books"
    1 true
    2 Nietzsche was the MAN
    3 Being socially stupid in a criminal group will get you shot
    4 good for you
  9. wvdmc is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    40

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 11:39pm


     Style: Jiu jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just box dude. Your brain won't get hurt. I know this has already been said, but it's lost deep in the man drama.
  10. Evergrey is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, California
    Posts
    652

    Posted On:
    4/19/2011 11:52pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    I told my doctor I was training in Kyokushin. The nurse in attendance asked me to spell it so she could write in my file. The doctor said "cool," and also told me that I could get punched in the tits and not worry about breast cancer, because they've found that blunt trauma doesn't actually cause breast cancer. So don't worry, you probably won't end up with brain damage, and you can get punched in the tits too.

    Just FYI.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.