Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post

Who was the tard who kept telling you to 'tomoe nage' when you were clinched, because if he's your cornerman you need to fire him, lol.
    Damn I wish this work PC had sound. I bet that guy would advise pulling guard in a wrestling match too.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I hate those stupid vests.
    You actually would have dominated with a little more Sanda strategy thinking. A few changes would have racked up points without doing much else (like the aforementioned not lifting him and falling down).
    Eh, I won. I don't think I had the energy for bigger throws really.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 6:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know **** about kickboxing, looked like two amateur beginners sparring to me.

Who was the tard who kept telling you to 'tomoe nage' when you were clinched, because if he's your cornerman you need to fire him, lol.

Decent few throws and throw attempts. I've forgotten your Judo sensei's name, but its evident that he's doing a good job in training you. Keep up the good work.
    Immamura Sensei.

But yeah, he was trying to get me to do whatever it is that wrestling sort of suplex but not really and kind of looks like a tomoe nage throw. I just didn't have the energy. We talked about it beforehand.

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 7:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Immamura Sensei.

But yeah, he was trying to get me to do whatever it is that wrestling sort of suplex but not really and kind of looks like a tomoe nage throw. I just didn't have the energy. We talked about it beforehand.
    Hold on, I'm confused a Japanese Judo 9th dan was watching you in an Sanda match and shouting 'tomoe nage', but actually meant do a variant of ura nage? You'll forgive me in being confused and thinking that that doesn't make sense.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 8:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hold on, I'm confused a Japanese Judo 9th dan was watching you in an Sanda match and shouting 'tomoe nage', but actually meant do a variant of ura nage? You'll forgive me in being confused and thinking that that doesn't make sense.
    Huh? No. He wasn't there. That is just a different dude. You asked my sensei's name.

Sorry I'm exhausted and didn't get it. My cornerman was not Sensei. Sorry for the mixup.

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 8:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh? No. He wasn't there. That is just a different dude. You asked my sensei's name.

Sorry I'm exhausted and didn't get it. My cornerman was not Sensei. Sorry for the mixup.
    Ahh ok.

Going back and reading your post it makes sense now, the mistake was mine.

It makes sense that your cornerman wasn't Imamura sensei.

I was amused at the advise of your, currently, mystery cornerman. Don't feel under any pressure to name him though.

Anyway, I thought you showed some decent Judo outside of a Judo context, so it shows you're taking on board and developing what Imamura sensei is teaching you.

:)

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I watched the match several times, and I thought you did very well. I'll give my 2 cents, but hear this with the knowledge that you are much better than my clumsy ass (unless I'm angry raowlgrrr), and I'm speaking purely as a would-be-analyst.

In the fight you were using the straight left to great effect. If you planted you weight a little more, and threw it more frequently, and with more conviction (he was standing a little square to you) you'd have done even better, and possibly he wouldn't have been able to continue, after 4 or 5.

Here's my meandering thoughts as I watch it yet again:

Round 1

• Nice left roundhouse, spinning back kick combo at :32 there man.
    • Good hip toss at :40, although you wouldn't have burned as much energy pulling him up onto your back, instead off to your side. butt bump him up, onto your back, and you can plant him wherever you like.
    • You didn't let him get the belly to belly, very good. Nice hip toss following that.
    • The catch and throw at 1:26 was your best move of the round. Shame about the 2 knees down, it was very close, and otherwise a great move. Looked like you burned very little energy doing it, and he was waaaay off balance, as you stole his space.

Round 2

• good counter left, didn't allow him the throw.
    • Good counter left to the attempted superman-punch, nice jab cross in the mix too.
    • Another straight left, followed by some clinch and a nice hip toss.

Round 3

• Good head movement, and a nice hip toss.
    • A great lead left overhand, into some punch/clinch trading.
    • You look tired, but still a nice straight left.
    • He lands some nice shots in combo on you, he seemed desperate.
    • Another good left, and then he throws a knee. San Shou not San Da? No knee, so you get a minute.
    • Nice manhandle throw, and that's a wrap.

If you'd been less hesitant, butt bumped him into the hip tosses more precisely, and trusted that left straight/overhand you'd have schooled him totally. As it is, you did very well, especially in throwing that left, when you were tired. Trust it more.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 10:26pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You tell Omega that he's not teaching proficient Sanda. Thanks!

I don't have one?
    Hey. I've never shown you how to fight San Shou.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 10:29pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, allow me to come to sirc's defense. He did this on my behest. He did it against a kid with very little kicking experience and Sirc purposely handicapped himself after competing all day. I even think he grappled earlier.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 11:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Ok, I watched the match several times, and I thought you did very well. I'll give my 2 cents, but hear this with the knowledge that you are much better than my clumsy ass (unless I'm angry raowlgrrr), and I'm speaking purely as a would-be-analyst.

In the fight you were using the straight left to great effect. If you planted you weight a little more, and threw it more frequently, and with more conviction (he was standing a little square to you) you'd have done even better, and possibly he wouldn't have been able to continue, after 4 or 5.

Here's my meandering thoughts as I watch it yet again:

Round 1

• Nice left roundhouse, spinning back kick combo at :32 there man.
    • Good hip toss at :40, although you wouldn't have burned as much energy pulling him up onto your back, instead off to your side. butt bump him up, onto your back, and you can plant him wherever you like.
    • You didn't let him get the belly to belly, very good. Nice hip toss following that.
    • The catch and throw at 1:26 was your best move of the round. Shame about the 2 knees down, it was very close, and otherwise a great move. Looked like you burned very little energy doing it, and he was waaaay off balance, as you stole his space.

Round 2

• good counter left, didn't allow him the throw.
    • Good counter left to the attempted superman-punch, nice jab cross in the mix too.
    • Another straight left, followed by some clinch and a nice hip toss.

Round 3

• Good head movement, and a nice hip toss.
    • A great lead left overhand, into some punch/clinch trading.
    • You look tired, but still a nice straight left.
    • He lands some nice shots in combo on you, he seemed desperate.
    • Another good left, and then he throws a knee. San Shou not San Da? No knee, so you get a minute.
    • Nice manhandle throw, and that's a wrap.

If you'd been less hesitant, butt bumped him into the hip tosses more precisely, and trusted that left straight/overhand you'd have schooled him totally. As it is, you did very well, especially in throwing that left, when you were tired. Trust it more.
    The knee was straight to the nuts. That's why I got the minute. The knees were allowed.

Also, have you ever tried a hip bump with boxing gloves and that stupid chest pad on? It's pretty much impossible.
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 4/18/2011 11:52pm at .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast