Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 5:14pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think he is referring Zornhau style offensive counters. If taking the thrust from the ready position the thrust should be intercept and as contact as made with the opposing blade to vertically rotate and bring up the hands so as to angle your point into their face/ upper body. Normally followed thruough with a side stepping horizontal slash to the same.

if i read that right anyhow.

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming East View Post
    Think he is referring Zornhau style offensive counters. If taking the thrust from the ready position the thrust should be intercept and as contact as made with the opposing blade to vertically rotate and bring up the hands so as to angle your point into their face/ upper body. Normally followed thruough with a side stepping horizontal slash to the same.

if i read that right anyhow.
    Would that work with a sword?? You wouldn't really be able to lock the blades unless you were close enough that pointing the blade at your opponent wouldn't be possible. Unless I am visualizing this wrong.

pro nonsense self defense

Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordschlag View Post
    Not sure I'm visualizing it correctly, but essentially you are parrying with the point of your weapon pointing behind or to the side in order to do this backhand thrust?
    No, its a parry with the point forward. I'll explain it better. Let's say we've both got machete length swords in our right hands, in a right lead with the sword on the right side of the body, point up and maybe forward (pretty standard fencing style). As you thrust towards my midsection, I step my right foot to the right, twist my body left and deflect your thrust with an inward motion of my blade (ideally, push cutting the wrist). At this moment, my sword is pointed up and forward, with the edge in line with the 2nd knuckles. As soon as the body is safe, the motion continues into a thrust to the face/neck, with the palm facing more or less up, and starting on the left side of the centerline. From there, the next move would usually be a downward cut to the weapon hand/forearm, moving into a left handed check to the same hand (ready to finish with a solid stab, chop, or pommel).

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/03/2011 8:00pm

Style: ARMA, Antagonistics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    No, its a parry with the point forward. I'll explain it better. Let's say we've both got machete length swords in our right hands, in a right lead with the sword on the right side of the body, point up and maybe forward (pretty standard fencing style). As you thrust towards my midsection, I step my right foot to the right, twist my body left and deflect your thrust with an inward motion of my blade (ideally, push cutting the wrist). At this moment, my sword is pointed up and forward, with the edge in line with the 2nd knuckles. As soon as the body is safe, the motion continues into a thrust to the face/neck, with the palm facing more or less up, and starting on the left side of the centerline. From there, the next move would usually be a downward cut to the weapon hand/forearm, moving into a left handed check to the same hand (ready to finish with a solid stab, chop, or pommel).
    Ah I see. The only thing that reminds me of is, as previously mentioned, a Zornhau single time parry against a thrust or another Zornhau. This would be when someone thrusts high at your face or does a Zornhau (descending diagonal cut) you do a Zornhau at their face, which places your strong on their weak and allows to put the point of your sword into his\her face as their sword goes off-line. From there you step forward and stab through their face, or if they feel your thrust and attempt to move it aside you disengage and hit them on the other side (or do any number of winding\disengages\takedowns).

Other than that one, Iím sure there are probably rapier or sabre parries that resemble the parry you speak of.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12