Style
    Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone rated El Paso Jiu Jitsu Academy?

Hey gang!

I tried the search function and it shows no results for "El Paso Jiu jitsu"; kind of funny, because I remember reading about that place here on the "xtreem jiu jitsu" thread.

Anyway, has any one been to that place or can comment something about that place or the instructors?? Their website is http://www.elpjiujitsu.com/

Best regards

Bill

Mods: If this is not the right place to ask this question, please move it or delete it and let me know where I should start this thread again.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bill,

I actually studied at the place for about 4 years now. It's a small gym, but it's got character. Everyone's very friendly and a lot of the students there are involved in other martial arts, some do amateur level cage fighting. It was started up years ago by James Butler, and after he passed away some his higher students took over the instruction. Tatsuo Goya and Danny Nolasco are both BJJ Brown Belts under Alliance and they're both great guys and instructors. Nolasco has some extensive experience in Wrestling and Goya has a Judo background. Membership runs at about $80 a month for unlimited classes, so it's pretty economical. I currently live in New York City, NY and I can tell you the prices over here for a BJJ or MMA gym are at least double that. If you have a Facebook you can check out the page they have for the gym and look up the instructors to get a more personal feel for who they are. Overall, I'd say its a great place to roll, and even if you end up not liking it, I guarantee you'll make some great friends.

Style
    Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robert,

Thank you for your reply. I am currently tenured in Juarez, across the border, for research purposes and can only attend Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. I already sent them a PM through their FB site, they will allow me to train those days even if its not beginners class... Lets see how I fare.

Thank you so much for your input.

Bill

Style
    Youtube-do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't find the thread either but it did at one point exist.

I THINK what happened was that a _th degree in JJJ (not BJJ)was misleading students about which JJ he was a Dan grade in.

Not sure but that's the best i can do right now.