Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Unarmed Eskrima vs Krav Maga, Wing Chun etc...

How does Unarmed Eskrima compare to the other practical street fight/survival martial arts?

I'm a stickler for detail and I've been doing quite a bit of research on my own as well... but throw me as much information as possible. I'll read anything you guys have to say.

I understand that Matt Damon used a lot of Eskrima in the Bourne movies, it seems very effective and efficient... but then again, it's only a movie.

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A comparative review: Unarmed Eskrima vs Krav Maga, Wing Chun etc...

How does Unarmed Eskrima compare to the other practical street fight/survival martial arts?

I'm a stickler for detail and I've been doing quite a bit of research on my own as well... but throw me as much information as possible. I'll read anything you guys have to say.

I understand that Matt Damon used a lot of Eskrima in the Bourne movies, it seems very effective and efficient... but then again, it's only a movie.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I merged your two identical threads. One thread per user in the correct sub-forum please.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which style of eskrima? And, more importantly, as taught by whom and practiced in what manner? Against which line of krav, chun, etc?

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougguod View Post
    Which style of eskrima? And, more importantly, as taught by whom and practiced in what manner? Against which line of krav, chun, etc?
    I'm talking on a fundamental level when focusing the basic essence of the base training methods among all schools.

Not particularly interested in the inevitability of hybrid incorporation spread throughout the entirety of the schools.

So on a basic level, how does Unarmed Eskrima/Arnis/Kali hold up on a coneptual level when compared to the other practical survival arts such as Krav/Wing Chun/Combat Jujitsu... etc.

And I'm not talking about pitting the various practitioners against each other in a fight... I'm talking about how does each compare with one another when putting the practitioners in a "I need to fight to survive in the streets" scenario

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They don't. One side is weapon based one side is empty hand.

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    They don't. One side is weapon based one side is empty hand.
    So you're saying unarmed Eskrima techniques like in the Bourne movies aren't effective on a practical level?

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You came here to discuss movie Martial Arts and the street?

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by real_loser View Post
    So you're saying unarmed Eskrima techniques like in the Bourne movies aren't effective on a practical level?
    Saying "unarmed Eskrima techniques" is like saying "Chinese food that includes noodles".

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You came here to discuss movie Martial Arts and the street?
    Well no quite the opposite.

I've been doing quite a bit of research and scanning random forums on Eskrima... specifically unarmed Eskrima and to this point my findings have uncovered that it is extremely effective as street/survival combat.

I was told by others that it is very similar to Wing Chun with rapid strikes and using angles to create an advantage.

I thought these forums may have a wealth of insight on the matter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last