Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Striking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Search function bitch!!!
    (LOL, I'm such a hypocrite)
    Seriously just started a thread on this last week. Would you like a link or does JNP want the newb to stay out of the advanced area?
    sure, i'll take a look at the link.

Style
    Striking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first oen I got already. now I'm looking for a 2nd gi different type of weave. I did some research on the web and found like the 2010 survey about gi one from aesopian and the other from sherdog. learned the different style. just looking something more on the lighter side of things.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are a BJJ noob don't worry about it. You will be too busy trying not to get your ass handed to you (and failing) to notice whether or not you are comfortable.

Style
    Chinese Boxing

Style
    Striking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    If you are a BJJ noob don't worry about it. You will be too busy trying not to get your ass handed to you (and failing) to notice whether or not you are comfortable.
    um that was really helpful... :RetardDog:

Style
    Striking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    I own or have worn the following:

Atama Mundial:
    http://www.nabjjf.com/store/cart.php...t_detail&p=273

My current lightweight 'go to' gi. VERY VERY minimal shrinkage (only because I was trying to shrink it - hot water + dryer - and even then it didn't shrink as much as I wanted). Rip-stop pants are very comfortable with plenty of room to move. Jacket feels like a 500-550g weight weave which is very light. It is lighter than my Vulkan (which weighs in at 3.8lbs for an A4).

Vulkan Pro Light
    http://www.nabjjf.com/store/cart.php...t_detail&p=174

Very comfortable gi with a fabric that feels soft to begin with (unlike a lot of weaves which feel like they exfoliate your face). Again, VERY VERY minimal shrinkage, if any at all. Pants are not rip-stop; they are a light-weight cotton, maybe 300-400g weight(?). I couldn't shrink it down to my preferred size so it is a backup. A4 weighs 3.8lbs.

Koral Light
    http://www.nabjjf.com/store/cart.php...t_detail&p=494

This one is probably the thinnest/lightest gi I've worn, but the jacket is rip-stop and of questionable legality in IBJJF and other organizations. I know my coach competed in one at Worlds though. I only mention it because it seems to be where gis will be heading material-wise in the future. The weight chart in the link seems off a bit. I KNOW this gi is lighter than my others.

Gameness Pearl Weave
    http://www.nabjjf.com/store/cart.php...t_detail&p=138

The one I own is 3 years old and I believe they have changed material weights since then (so realize that my comments are about an 'older model'). I can't comment on how much it weighs but, if they use the same fabric processing (not pre-shrunk), then this gi will shrink quite a bit. The one I have is light, but not nearly as light as my Atama or Vulkan. The pants use rope which I prefer but they aren't really lightweight (maybe a 400-450g?).
    wow. now that was very helpful. thank you uncle skippy for taking the time to buy all of them and giving us your thoughts about each one of them.

Style
    Striking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    so omega, which one are you planning on getting? thanks for the link btw.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sirricky85 View Post
    wow. now that was very helpful. thank you uncle skippy for taking the time to buy all of them and giving us your thoughts about each one of them.
    Excised from: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105706

sirricky85, some sub-fora on this site are more heavily moderated than others. The forum you posted in is one of the more heavily policed areas.

The stickies are guidelines for each of the individual fora here on BS. They are the threads at the top that address you by your username. The stickie for the Advanced Grappling forum is here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76402

Copied from the third paragraph,

General comments like, "I'm just a beginner in grappling, but I too find the spider guard useful.", or "Good job!" will not be tolerated as they are of no value to knowledgeable grapplers. Additionally, if a post contains information already stated in a previous post, it will be removed.
    Your post fell into the "good job" category and was therefore moved here.

It is a good idea to read the stickies before you post in any given forum.

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know I have the blue one Gracie gave me when I signed up and I like it just fine. BJJ is intense I highly doubt the GI makes a difference. Some of those Gi's look delicate for BJJ mine is solid no risk of tearing.

Page 2 of 2 First 12