I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay seriously. This is a great idea.

Check this out: and some related videos.

I'm already convinced that, using that technology, we can make say the best tennis player in the world out of say 2 generations of prototypes (each generation heavily reviewed, improved and such) if a team concentrates on the specific goal of tennis.

In terms of training methods, a boxing robot is currently useless. It would require at least 5 generations of goal-specific prototypes to become useful. Not so much because of technological limitations, those have been overcome already, but because of the non-trivial fine tuning to make it a (flawed) human boxer. Let alone simulate the diverse fighting styles.

So forget training tools, in 20 years the Boxing Heavyweight champ will be this:

P.S. Can we backtrack Joe Louis' DNA from his offspring and clone his ass? That would be the ultimate punch robot. Especially, since he's considered the greatest oldskool textbook boxer ever. *Shed a tear*

P.P.S. ROBOT ROBOT PUNCH PUNCH

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 7:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as long as none of these robots look like arnold its a great idea. just think they can combine those robot war battles with the ufc and make urfc??

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 7:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know how about a sparring robot that uses a knife or sword, any one up to test one?

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 1:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's funny that people assume this machine is easy to beat. (do you think im faking the vids?) Im not feeding my face to the hits. It is alot hard than it may look.

I have recently, let a professional boxing trainer test it out,on his class, and he has said nothing about it being detrimental to one's boxing abilities, what a joke. He actually thinks it has real merit. He agree's it still need's work on timing and technique, but for a beginner it can improve boxing skill (I have never had any training but my skills have definatley improved, maybe im not perfect, like my chin in wrong place etc.. but it's not about my skills)

And ive never seen a punching bag or a speed ball hit back, or run around the room they are for trainning different skills and this machine is not trying to replace them.

Iv'e organized a real professional to fight with the machine and he is an Australian Champion, im sure he will eat the machine up, but, for those who think this machine will reduce skills, reserve your judgment untill after you see the vids and comments which will be on utube in the next week or so.

But I am really greatfull for the interest in this project, I have a long way to go, it's not easy trying to secure funding so I can build things the way you wan't (eg, motion trackers, programing, intelligence.)

Iv'e been listening to yourr comments, good and bad and i'll take all into account before releasing more footage. I don't want to start any internet fight's so im sorry if ive offended you in this post, it will probly be my only one.

Thanks

Kris
    punchingpro.com

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 1:49am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by punchingpro View Post
    (I have never had any training but my skills have definatley improved, maybe im not perfect, like my chin in wrong place etc.. but it's not about my skills)
    Would you take a "how to swim" class designed by a man who himself can't swim?
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 2:06am

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have recently, let a professional boxing trainer test it out,on his class, and he has said nothing about it being detrimental to one's boxing abilities, what a joke. He actually thinks it has real merit. He agree's it still need's work on timing and technique, but for a beginner it can improve boxing skill
    Please try and get this on vid next time.

And ive never seen a punching bag or a speed ball hit back, replace them.

EDIT: keep up the good work buddy. It's people like you that speed the robot rebellion along.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 3:45am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    i know how about a sparring robot that uses a knife or sword, any one up to test one?

Yours truly

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 4:10am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took me a while before I realized that the guy is talking in Korean.

With feedback systems I think (at least in that kendo example) it would not be too difficult to make a self-learning AI that matches your average or maximum speed and power.

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 8:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may have said to much before, I was just replying to some emails I got, (in anger)

I really do apreciate all comments relating to the punching pro

Kris

www.punchingpro.com
    Last edited by punchingpro; 4/18/2011 8:51am at .

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 9:27am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not take the punching pro design and make a robot that will hold mitts?
    I think many of the complaints noted would actually be beneficial in this approach. That, and the technology wouldn't have to be altered much.
    The robot wouldn't have to be as mobile, just rotate at the base, and let the human work around it.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast