Posted On:4/19/2011 7:27am
Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty
When I started FMA last year, I was kind of excited buying my first pair of sticks, so when they arrived, I named them (Pride & Prejudice).
I've since continued the tradition, but have been getting through sticks at a hell of a rate, and am running out of names.
So, two-pronged (shitty) thread.
Can you come up with some awesome names for my next few pairs.Does anyone else name their weapons? What weapons, and what kind of names? Nick-names for your fists and feet would be cool too if you have them.
P.S. Naming your Jo "Joe", or your Ken "Ken" doesn't count.
When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
"To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
Posted On:4/19/2011 7:47am
1. Call your sticks "War" and "Peace", if only because it sounds classy.
2. I had a friend who named his shinai "Leeroy", as in Leeroy Jenkins of WoW fame, and another friend who named his "Tom Cruise" after watching The Last Samurai. The worrying thing is that both of them wrote it on the shinai itself; something they both got a proper roasting for from their Kendo instructor!
Posted On:4/19/2011 7:48am
Get a nice black pair and go with Stormbringer and Mournblade?
Posted On:4/19/2011 7:50am
I named my left fist "Law", and the right one "Order"
Cro Cop named his right foot "Hospital" and the other "Cemetary" (no explanation needed).
Posted On:4/19/2011 7:52am
I call my folding knife 'persuasion'.
Posted On:4/19/2011 7:56am
call one "Watwud" and the other "Jeezusdew"
Style: Karate, Boxing, BJJ noob
1. Call them "Law" and "Order".
2. I give ALL of my weapons nick names. My fave would be my bo, which I refer to as "Scrambles the Death Dealer".
Posted On:4/19/2011 8:03am
Style: Aikido, bits of jits
1. Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary if you like old boxing or Anchorman
2. I don't name training weapons, except for "the stick with red tape" and "the stick with blue tape" for the two short FMA sticks. (Cheap sticks + tyre practise - tape = splinters)
Posted On:4/19/2011 8:08am
Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis
I have a piece of rattan that's almost 2" thick and about 33" long - my students call it "the porn star"
(other than that, my barong is named "Lulu")
Posted On:4/19/2011 8:31am
I've got to say, I'm extremely pleased to see it's not just me :-)
Some superb names there too, lol
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info