Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 2:25am

Style: cult of crapple, ATTACK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sgts Time Madness

Those of you in the american armed forces, specifically the army are familiar with the concept of Sergeant's time, or a refresher course on basic soldiering skills to be completed every week or so. Today the class was on leadership, and Rosa Parks being a leader unintentionally. I agreed by stating that she did not 'wake up with the intention to make a picket sign and smash whitey.' This is normally where I do push ups, but I think they may send me to the promotion board.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 2:31am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting acknowledgement and recognition for showing good judgement or insight, always makes you feel fantastic. Whenever I'm kicking, and my trainer says to me: "That was a good one!", I get that little warm fuzzy feeling you must be buzzing with right now.

If one of your goals is to be promoted within the military, I'm happy for you that the goal is getting closer to within your reach.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad you guys are still doing SGT's Time. Its something that has been falling off lately. Our Optempo was so high that it was often overlooked and I had to start making a point of getting it on the Training calender.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    5/12/2011 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: A compilation of many

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm please enlighten me more on this sgts time... (Im planning on joining the Oregon Air National Guard since my Marine inlistment did not go as planned...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 4:10am

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is probably off topic for this, but I feel I must add that Rosa Parks was an intentional leader. She was the secretary for the NAACP president in Montgomery at the time.She decided not to move further to the back of the bus because she wanted to spark a boycott that had been in the works for quite a while. It is not like she was the first person to get arrested doing such a thing. Segregation was not always looked upon with apathy. She spent a large portion of her life standing up for civil rights before and after she was arrested on that bus. She woke up quite a few days with the intention of standing up for civil rights, certainly not to "smash whitey" as you so eloquently seemed to describe the fight against segregation and the civil rights movement.

"My resisting being mistreated on the bus did not begin with that particular arrest...I did a lot of walking in Montgomery." - Rosa Parks

"People always say that I didn't give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn't true. I was not tired physically, or no more tired than I usually was at the end of a working day. I was not old, although some people have an image of me as being old then. I was forty-two. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in." - Rosa Parks

Flyweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun article on Cracked about Rosa (see #5): http://www.cracked.com/article_19076...ory-books.html