Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 11:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an interesting quote attributed to Ronin:
    Itís been awhile since Iíve done muay thai. When I first started up MMA in the beginning of summer, grappling took a backseat to kickboxing. Ronin Boushnak was our trainer during those early days and he prioritized muay thai over Brazilian jiu jitsu, saying that ďthere is no point in learning how to execute an arm bar or a choke submission if you canít even get your opponent on the floor.Ē
    http://thekennection.sweat365.com/20...nuary-16-2009/

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 11:59am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well actually I agree with that Chen. At least the last part of it.

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 12:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely and so do i, it's just the context of the quote sounded like he was not teaching much grappling at all.
    I would find that odd for a BJJ blackbelt.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 12:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, when it is proven he claimed a BJJ Black Belt or higher level you'll have a point. If he is a striker with intermediate or lower grappling it makes sense. It makes more sense when you notice he does Karate and seems to be a striking focused instructor.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going down to LA next weekend, If I have the time, I'll see if I can't get him to say it.

I sure hope he doesn't have google alerts set up for his name. It'll ruin all my fun.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 1:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickson_Gracie

According to wikipedia, Rickson is an 8th-level black belt in his family's style at this point (2011).

http://www.gracie.com/#RTfamily

According to the old gracie.com domain, around 2002 there were no higher dan ranks than 3rd dan in Gracie JJ in the US, with all those ranks held by people of the Gracie family.

Contacting him about the dank rank of the respective suspect should be easy, given that Rickson is an active user of Twitter.

http://twitter.com/ricksonofficial

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 3:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    http://xfcgymla.com/

Ronin Boushnak:
    3 time world Kickboxing champion
    MMA champion
    5th degre black belt
    International Certified Personal Trainer
    Founder of the Ronin System.

Old website: http://www.xtremeronin.com/instructors.html

Says the same stuff. If asked he will say "5th degree black belt under Rickson."
    Untrue about Ronin saying he's a 5th degree BJJ black belt under Rickson.

I know Ronin personally and he has trained with Gracy but has a black belt in grappling from Gokkor. He has never claimed that he's a black belt in BJJ under anyone. He's a sick striker but with a wicked ground game. True that he's a multi time World champion. Maybe the site that said he was a 5th D BBJ was trying to pump his resume to attract customers. From what I know, his MMA record is 9-1 or 8-2.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    6/10/2011 4:56pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffA View Post

I know Ronin personally and he has trained with Gracy but has a black belt in grappling from Gokkor. He has never claimed that he's a black belt in BJJ under anyone. He's a sick striker but with a wicked ground game. True that he's a multi time World champion. Maybe the site that said he was a 5th D BBJ was trying to pump his resume to attract customers. From what I know, his MMA record is 9-1 or 8-2.
    Don't make claims on his behalf. Last time I checked Gokor gave out ranks in JUDO not "grappling" which would mean that this fellow would need to be ranked with one of the Judo governing bodies. So you aren't doing him any favors by making claims which are equally easy to check out.

Posted On:
    7/04/2011 12:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffA View Post

Obvious plant is obvious.:HerpDerp:

Posted On:
    12/09/2013 9:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: yagyu shinkage ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ronin Boushnak

Ronin Boushnak

CHECK xtremeroninDOTcom/instructorsDOThtml

Ronin Boushnak
    Head Instructor

3 Time World Kickboxing Champion, MMA Champion, 5th Degree Black Belt, International Certified Personal Trainer, founder of The Ronin System.

Lies, Lies, and more Lies.

I did some research on this MMA guy after he and I had an altercation in the street. i.e. he attacked me because his pride and ego was hurt and for no other reason to show off.

His mama should have named him Ronin "Doush"nak. This guy threw a kick at me 3 different times (above the waist) and hit my girlfriend instead. That's only when I popped him back and cut his eye open. This guy is a first class, no talent ass clown with dreams of ruling the world, but in reality he's just a self delusional, narcissistic doosh bag.

He claims to be a 3 Time World Champion Kick boxer and MMA Champion, but he has absolutely no reputable or verifiable pedigree under anyone. When I asked some of the respected grapplers in and around LA, they told me stories about him being kicked out of various reputable MMA schools for his ego.

In all my years as a martial artist, one thing I know for certain is that those who study budo should embrace humility and NEVER EVER attack another human being unless their life and or well-being is in danger. Within a matter of seconds, this guy let anger and rage rule him. He has no self control, or any of the qualities that a martial artist and teacher is supposed to have. He also has several negative reports against him for fraud and poor etiquette.

I remember distinctly, he kept saying, "do you know who I am", "do you know who I am." After a while, even the people lying about themselves begin to believe their own bullshido.

CHECK RIPOFF REPORT

"Doosh" nak
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast