Sponsored Links Spacer Image

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 2:32am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    Not rumors, but my friends I train with now, tell me about this sort of thing happening to guys they trained/trained with.
    Even if they are true, "friend of a friend" still counts as a rumour :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 6:42am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Even if they are true, "friend of a friend" still counts as a rumour :)
    Lol very true of course. Basically, I was talking about this very subject last week and they brought up a name of some guy that did exactly that. and then another remember yet another guy that did it. I'll ask tonight if I see Thijs there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 1:01am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Dude claims 5th degree black belt under Rickson. Can we get a verification on that?
    There is no way he can be a 5th degree black belt.....you know how long it takes to get a 5th degree after you get the initial black belt......

1st degree= 3 years
    2nd degree = 3 years
    3rd degree= 3 years
    4th degree= 5 years
    5th degree= 5 years

Total of 19 years to get from black belt to 5th degree black belt.

That is not counting the years it takes just to get the black belt.....I say no way....
    Last edited by Team Python; 4/16/2011 1:04am at .

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 1:33am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to http://www.gracie.com/riofed/beltranking.html

Rickson is a 5th Dan.
    Renzo and Royce are 4th Dans
    Ralph is a 3rd Dan.

It's simply not possible that this guy is 5th dan under rickson

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie Official Belt Ranks
    Every instructor claiming a rank of Black Belt or above should be able to prove his rank by showing a Diploma and a Certificate issued by the Federação with original signatures of the 5 officials of the Federation who confirmed his rank.

If you have a question about a particular instructor's rank, and he is not on this list, ask to see his Certificate or Diploma from the Federação or send an E-mail inquiry to

info@gracieusa.com
    Last edited by Colin; 4/16/2011 1:36am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 8:17am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, according to that link Rickson is only a 5th and he promoted a 5th over his brothers? Yeah...time for a full launch. After investigation I say we release a link on Yelp and Google.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 9:22am

Style: BacktoSanshou, nogiBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 5th degree black belt under Rickson? How old is this guy again?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not nearly old enough.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 12:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From bob's link:

Introduction

Born in Egypt to a karate/ judo world champion father and an actress/ model mother. Ronin started acting at age five and by age seven was doing kids t.v. shows. he then proceeded to do a couple of french movies as a kid. Ronin popularity and his dad's status in the country caused kids to pick on him and his brother all the time, so a discussion was made to send him to his father's school of martial arts. by age 14 Ronin was a black belt in Shotokan karate and a brown belt in kodokan Judo. Ronin became known as the Egyptian karate kid.

Ronin spent his time traveling between the U.S. and Egypt as his dad resides there. he then was sent to japan to continue his education in martial arts and earn his black belt in Judo from the kodokan of japan. he then returned to the California and continued his education there.

Ronin went on to become a champion kickboxer in three different organizations after traveling to Europe and studding under the Johan Vas school which is one of the best kickboxing systems to date. Ronin had the honer to be trained by K-1 champion Andy Hug ( RIP) and was parted by Andy's death.

Ronin continued his persue to fitness doning numerous amature and qualifiers body building competitions. Ronin was trained by many great body builders and trainers including Naser El Sombati, charles Glass, and many more. he then decided to persue fitness in a more scientific form as it was what brought him his championships in martial arts. Ronin knew of the importance of body and mind together in the most perfect form. Ronin continued doing motion pictures as he was perfecting his training systems and getting multi certified in the fields necessary. Ronin ended up creating the "Ronin System" which utilizes kickboxing and boxing on a certain style of bags that have become wildly known and used every where global. the system is the most effective , dynamic and fun was to lose weight' average calories burnt around 680-750 an hour.

Ronin has owned many gyms and dojos, he now resided in burbank california and contiues his training of world class fitness and mixed martial arts champion women and men. he is regarded as a fitness and martial arts guru . Ronin is in the works on two of his projects where his the writer and excutive producer and in the works to production. surely he will succeed in his first passion. sky is the limit from here on.
    Occupation
    trainner, mma scientist,enterpanur, actor, and writer
    Employment

xtremeronin.com
    trainner, mma scientist,enterpanur, actor, and writer, present
    bodiesn motion, body focus, gold's venice, johan vas gym, polaris, numerous production companies as talent

Education

school of life
    present
    cal poly university pomona
    I do this because we have had people go back and delete things and edit their claims.

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 1:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Says the same stuff. If asked he will say "5th degree black belt under Rickson."
    Is this claim in "black and white" anywhere?
    I can't seem to find it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 1:09pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I keep looking where did the Rickson claim appear? I have yet to see it anywhere on the net or either of the websites you posted?

Here is the closest which I attribute to a poorly written website.

We offer MMA classes with highly acclaimed martial artist - Ronin Boushnak.
    Ronin is a three-times World Kickboxing Champion ISSKA, WMTA, and WKBA (light heavy weight/middle weight), four-time undefeated world Extreme Fighting Champion (light heavy weight), USA Boxing National Amateur Champion (heavy weight/cruiser weight), and 5th degree black belt in Karate, Judo/BJJ, Aikido, Jeet Kune Do (training with Dan Inosanto) and Tai-Jitsu. With over 15 years of Mixed Martial Arts, Grappling, Jiu-Jitsu and physical fitness experience , Ronin has trained numerous celebrities, world class athletes, body builders, figure fitness and fighters (current).
    Yet, it is corrected and simplified on this page:
    http://www.mmaheat.com/gyms/lb4lb-bo...n_boushnak.asp

All I can find is references to a 5th Degree Karate Belt. Get me some proof or I am going to change the title. No sense in getting the guy drama if there is no proof of the claim.

Yes, all links I have found of the claim all lead back to bullshido.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/16/2011 1:20pm at .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast