Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 2:06pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone saying Shields has a chance is also saying that Shields has dramatically better takedowns that Koscheck. Really?

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 3:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Anyone saying Shields has a chance is also saying that Shields has dramatically better takedowns that Koscheck. Really?
    Not only that, but threw Koscheck completely off rhythm the whole fight, I'm struggling to remember if he actually made any takedown attempts.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a good thing for Shields that GSP hasn't fought many high level grapplers in his career.

He's only had one or two fights with BJ Penn, Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch, Sera....

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 6:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now wait a minute. Chael Sonnen says Jake Shields is going to win. How could anyone dispute a statement of Chael Sonnen ?!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 9:30pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Listen Matt Serra is a great BJJ practitoner. BJ Penn is one the greatest BJJ fighters of all time, but neither of them has Jake shields wrestling ability period. Is their Jujitsu better than Shields? Most likely. Is Shields a better wrestler? Absolutely.

Matt hughes is the greatest welterweight of all time. Josh Koscheck has great takedowns, and is one the best wrestlers in the division. Are they better wrestlers than Jake Shields? I don't know maybe. Does Jake Shields have better Jujitsu? Defintely.

And Jon Fitch. Really... Jon Fitch?

That kinda says it all!

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 9:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by korean dragon View Post
    That kinda says it all!
    So your defense to Shields not getting the take down is to post a video of him pulling guard?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you imagine Shields is going to get the fight to the ground?

Koscheck, a massive dickhead but argueably one of the best wrestlers in the sport, got his face smashed to pieces after failing to take GSP down. Shields ability on the ground isn't going to matter in this fight; it won't get there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 10:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fail to see where the hype about Shield's ground game comes from. Sure, he's submitted a bunch of people, but I don't know that armbarring Paul Daley really counts for all that much.

More than that, if the hype were anything more than hot air, he should have run circles around both Kampmann and Mayhem on the ground. He submitted neither of them. In fact, I can't recall Shields even threatening either of them on the ground. The only close sub was Shields almost getting choked my Miller and being saved by the bell.

On that same note, I don't understand the reasoning behind giving a title shot to someone who barely wins his FIRST match in the UFC against a non-contender.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2011 2:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungjaevel View Post
    I fail to see where the hype about Shield's ground game comes from. Sure, he's submitted a bunch of people, but I don't know that armbarring Paul Daley really counts for all that much.

More than that, if the hype were anything more than hot air, he should have run circles around both Kampmann and Mayhem on the ground. He submitted neither of them. In fact, I can't recall Shields even threatening either of them on the ground. The only close sub was Shields almost getting choked my Miller and being saved by the bell.

On that same note, I don't understand the reasoning behind giving a title shot to someone who barely wins his FIRST match in the UFC against a non-contender.
    admittedly...Dana promised him that shot BEFORE the fight so one could look at it as Dana polishing a potential HUGE turd. It definitely explains Joe Rogan kind of really overhyping everything jake shields did and shitting on everything kampmann did. Also them slipping in the joe rogan clips to make it appear rogan called one of his submissions when he obviously has elite xc gloves on. I mean they did the same for aldo...but we could be looking at a complete marketing job.

I'm still laughing over Kosheck being able to **** talk his way into a 2nd fight with GSP and getting his ass whooped worse than the first time.

The UFC marketing machine is in full effect! That said, I think the fight will be competitive and it's not like gsp has a lot of people left to fight at welter-weight.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123