Avoid taking naps in day timing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 8:54am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    Its bearable so I've never actually tried to get help.

Its less I want to kill myself or I'm drowning in angst and pain and more I feel numb and why aren't I happy? Unlike in the movies, I'm not actually sad. Sadness is more of an inevitability thanks to how hard it is to actually be happy.

I wake up sometimes and lie still for hours in my bed unable to move and sometimes I go through the day and no depression. Anger usually does the trick. I focus on something that makes me really mad and sometimes punch the wall untill the pain and adrenaline override the numb feeling.
    Go see a doctor, tell them how you're feeling. Depression is wearing. Managable is just a nice way of saying "Im too depressed to attempt resolving this issue, I dont see the point". Seriously, I know its hard , but just take that first proactive step, it gets easier after that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/04/2011 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hsing i, FMA's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    visit your doctor. sometimes a short course of medication will get you out of your rut.
    go to bed the same time every night. read if you cant sleep, and get up when you wake up in the morning (routine), dont roll over and go back to sleep.
    only use your bedroom for sleep if you have the choice, that way you associate the room with sleep and nothing else (im guessing you are single).

if you suffer from depression and associated insomnia then a trip to the doc is your best option. you wont get locked up

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2011 9:55am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Sorry, I stand corrected. Thank you.

I thought it meant "Quit Fucking Talking".

Apologies for my mis-understanding. My apology to Dice. Sorry, mate.
    I though QFT was "Quite Fucking True". Close enough to quoted for truth. lol. Either way, you are right, depression isn't to be fooled around with.

I had a brother who tried to deal with his anxiety, and depression on his own. He made it 44 years without real help... He would be 45 now, if he had gotten help, most likely.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 6:21am

Style: FormerShotokan,Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Aiden View Post
    It seems that you must have the depression problem that is why you are suffering from this.So let me tell you one thing that first try to over come on depression.It's solution will eradicate the sleep problem.
    Thatīs a long shot. One could also argue that sleeping-problems lead to depression. (Human) psychology is so damned complex that you canīt diagnose such things based on a few posts. Furhtermore, depression is a very unclearly defined term without much practical use in psychotherapy.

Also, getting rid of a chronic depression is much easier said than done. Although your post was certainly well meant, it is not much more helpful than to say "do the right things to overcome your problems and live happily ever after": tautological true and totally useless unless you define what those "right things" are.

P.S.: You might want to google "thread necromancy".

P.P.S.: welcome to the forum
    Last edited by nils; 2/27/2012 6:38am at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234