Posted On:
    4/15/2011 3:58am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deliverator View Post
    heart rate elevated
    This.

I'll try not training for a few days. See what happens.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 8:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just noticed that I've tripled the amount of food I'm eating. I eat about 4 cups of rice, 2 eggs and 2 hotdogs per meal except for breakfast. I guess my metabolism went up a few gears.

Lightweight

Achievements:
    31 days registered

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 10:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    I just noticed that I've tripled the amount of food I'm eating. I eat about 4 cups of rice, 2 eggs and 2 hotdogs per meal except for breakfast. I guess my metabolism went up a few gears.
    Yeah you are probably just training a bit too hard. Just dial it back a bit and try to put in at least 1 or even 2 days per week where you totally rest or at least do just a very light workout. Huge appetite increase is definitely another sign of upping the training load a bit too fast.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 10:17am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its bearable so I've never actually tried to get help.

Its less I want to kill myself or I'm drowning in angst and pain and more I feel numb and why aren't I happy? Unlike in the movies, I'm not actually sad. Sadness is more of an inevitability thanks to how hard it is to actually be happy.

I wake up sometimes and lie still for hours in my bed unable to move and sometimes I go through the day and no depression. Anger usually does the trick. I focus on something that makes me really mad and sometimes punch the wall untill the pain and adrenaline override the numb feeling.
    GO GET HELP. Self medication is a no no and so is self mental diagnosis. When you get depressed you focus on something to make you angry? Then you resort to violence, and self infliction of pain, to medicate yourself? Go get under a doctor's care before you do something more violent to yourself or others.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 5:38pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Overtraining will certainly play a part. This will eat into your sense of well-being. It will increase your STRESS hormones and you will be in a spiral. You are probably not suffering from Depression in the medical sense as there are criteria which apply.

Speak to your Family Doctor (GP in UK) and explain your experience to-date. Take their advice...SERIOUSLY.

Take some downtime. Something Slooowwwww....fishing, chess, drawing, painting, Meditation (Mindfulness).

Don't leave it. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 4/15/2011 5:39pm at . Reason: typo

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 10:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    GO GET HELP. Self medication is a no no and so is self mental diagnosis. When you get depressed you focus on something to make you angry? Then you resort to violence, and self infliction of pain, to medicate yourself? Go get under a doctor's care before you do something more violent to yourself or others.
    Pfft. I've had irrational thougts of suicide since I was a kid and I'm still alive becuase thats just what they are, irrational thoughts. I've also been diagnosed with autism as a kid and now depression?!

Who the **** will believe that ****?

Besides, I'm too awesome to kill myself.

@the Delivarator

Thanks for the advice. Greatly appreciated. I slept like a baby last night.

Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    4/15/2011 11:04pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are Autistic too? Why the **** are you not seeing someone who can help you?

I have an autistic family member, if you are anything like him (and from reading your posts, you sure are) you have no clue how destructive your "irrational thoughts" are to yourself and those around you.

Get it through your thick skull that seeking help is a good move.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 3:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    If you train late night it could be the endorphin release keeping you awake, I have trouble getting to sleep before 11 if i train at 8.
    Is there any way to counter this so it doesn't take 3+ hours after training to go to sleep? Maybe a sleeping pill or something?

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 3:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pfft. I've had irrational thougts of suicide since I was a kid and I'm still alive becuase thats just what they are, irrational thoughts. I've also been diagnosed with autism as a kid and now depression?!
    "I've dealt with it all my life, I know what I am doing." Yep, pretty much the reaction I expected.

Who the **** will believe that ****?
    A doctor not some idiot that thinks he knows wtf he is talking about.

Besides, I'm too awesome to kill myself.
    Lack of sleep leads to delusions.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    4/17/2011 7:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simply put depression and autism are mental ilnesses. A mental illness by definition is anything that interferes with daily life in a negative way. In my case, the negative effects are not as severe as one would think. In fact, I love some of the things that depression does.

Depression puts things in perspective. Things a normal person would just ignore, I understand and can take. For example, people like to think they will not die and that life is special in both an emotional and objective way but thanks to my depression I acknowledge the fact that my life has no objective meaning and any meanig I put into it is arbitrary and made up. There are lots other smaller things that my ilness helps me with so until I find the cons outweigh the benefits, I will not seek help.

Feel free to point out flaws in my logic if you will. It woud be appreciated.

Also, why the hell do I feel more tired during rest days than I do when I'm working out. Its weird.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast