Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 12:17am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF 13: Episode 3 **Spoilers**

I won't include any spoilers in this post, but it's in the thread title so the rest of you can speak freely.

This week's fight was much better than the previous one, and I was glad that Dana made sure the fighters knew it. I am starting to learn Dos Santos-ese, which is more intuitive for me than understanding Lesnar. Lesnar really needs to get some new shtick, though; that “chicken” won't fly.

Did anyone else catch the romophone error in the caption after Rua talked to Dana? I think it said “Who one that round?”—emphasis added. Rua's accent isn't that thick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 2:22am

Style: BJJ & Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SPOILER ALERT!

Is it me or is Len a giant douchebag? First i was cheering for him but as episode went by it just came clear that he's a bitching douchebag. I can understand that it can bother you that one of your teammates is talking to the other team but atleast have the decency to admit that it bothers you and don't play the cool guy. Certaintly when you go bitch about it with your coach and then AGAIN trying to play to cool guy saying it doesn't bother you. God, douchebag.

But the fight was very exciting to watch, glad he lost. Even though i thought it would go to a third round.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 9:00am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't see the pre-fight house or training stuff. I tuned in just in time for the fight and was finally entertained by an excellent matchup.

I agree with the outcome, but I didn't see a 20/18 fight. The guy from JDS' team squeaked by but I was expecting a 3rd round. I'm sure Dana is thrilled that he finally got a good fight out of this season.

Was the dude with the beard supposed to be a wrestler? I thought I heard that, but it really didn't look like it to me at all.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 10:40am

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias. View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!

Is it me or is Len a giant douchebag? First i was cheering for him but as episode went by it just came clear that he's a bitching douchebag. I can understand that it can bother you that one of your teammates is talking to the other team but atleast have the decency to admit that it bothers you and don't play the cool guy. Certaintly when you go bitch about it with your coach and then AGAIN trying to play to cool guy saying it doesn't bother you. God, douchebag.

But the fight was very exciting to watch, glad he lost. Even though i thought it would go to a third round.
    Yep, he should have just rallied his other teammates to have a talk with the one dude that is hanging out with the other team in my humble opinion. That's if he should have even cared in the first place. He came off more "chick like with all the drama than anything else to me.

Oh, and I discovered a new drinking game to play along with this season's TUF. A shot everytime Lesner says "Chicken ****" or "Chicken salad". Im willing to bet most people would not be standing by the end of the show.

Obvioulsy the best fight yet. We were stunned by the lack of third round. The better fighter won but it being the best fight so far I of course wanted another round. But I think he squeeked it out with that last takedown in the last round. I totally agree that it should not have been scored a 20/18 fight, it was far closer than that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 10:47am

Style: BJJ & Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Didn't see the pre-fight house or training stuff. I tuned in just in time for the fight and was finally entertained by an excellent matchup.

I agree with the outcome, but I didn't see a 20/18 fight. The guy from JDS' team squeaked by but I was expecting a 3rd round. I'm sure Dana is thrilled that he finally got a good fight out of this season.

Was the dude with the beard supposed to be a wrestler? I thought I heard that, but it really didn't look like it to me at all.

It came down that it tottally didn't bother that chris (it's chris right?) was talking to the other team but he was watching him train and then he went "OMFG, he even talks to the other team and now he's watching me so he MUST be telling my gameplan to the other team but yeah i like totally don't care cause whatever". And went like a kindergardener to Lesnar saying all those things.

And yeah i also thought he was a wrestler but he's gameplan was standing and bang.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 10:53am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias. View Post
    And yeah i also thought he was a wrestler but he's gameplan was standing and bang.
    This makes me want to watch the pre-fight part of the show.
    Lesnar's camp seems to have some stupid-ass strategy - I'd like to know what they were thinking.

PS, chicken salad is what you make out of leftover chicken. It's a way to dress up what nobody wanted at the previous meal. Brock is a moron.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

:)

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    I'm sure Dana is thrilled that he finally got a good fight out of this season.
    That's really sad, that there's a reason to have to say this. What a shitty season. Train wreck Lesnar has all the qualities that make a great entertainment wrestler...and none that make a great fighter.

EDIT: or a great coach. He's like the k-fed of mma. Could someone (Mr. White) please stop inviting this guy to things?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 3:26pm

Style: Judo, MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lesnar should not be allowed to give speeches. Honestly, they just get worse and worse. I thought the fight was pretty evenly matched and agree that it should have gone to a third round. They were both looking exhausted and sluggish at the end of the 2nd so it could have been up in the air during the third round.

Imo beard guy was just paranoid about chris but the way chris was lounging around watching him train was a little awkward.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 7:50pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you guys don't think it should have been scored 20-18, but think the won what do you think the score should have been? Do you feel he won one of the rounds and they had a draw in the other?

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 10:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the Lesnar guy won round 1 and Dos Santos guy won round 2. Although, round 1 did appear pretty close. I thought round 2 was a bit easier to score.

And I thought it was funny Dana came to the other fighters and say that's how you fight.
    Last edited by Travis17; 4/14/2011 10:44pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast