Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 12:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    I'm not saying they should be basing it off of having their period or missing it or whatever.

It's not like pregnancies just happen. At some point they had to have unprotected sex or had a condom break or something.
    Piss on a stick everytime you get laid? That would add up. Maybe they should just add it to the standard prefight medical checks

Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post

It's probably a good idea for a sexually active fighter to have a pregnancy test before a fight. Then again, it's an invasion of privacy isn't it?
    So's weighing in or having to tell the world about your injuries and probably a ton of other stuff fighters have to do

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Also, even if they are on birth control there are dozens of medications, antibiotics, all kinds of stuff that can interfere with it that most people aren't aware of. Being astonished that someone could be a couple of months pregnant and not know it is just ignorant. Now if she was 8-9 months pregnant and didn't know I'd be pretty astonished. Usually you have to be in the 250lb range before you can end up giving birth without knowing you were pregnant.
    Do you happen to have a list of such medications? Not being facetious, it seems like something to know.

I'll admit ignorance on the subject of amenorrhea-I've only known one woman with secondary amenorrhea in my life and she practiced safe sex even with it. Apologies for my ignorance.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 1:08pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 1:42pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    They had an entire reality show about women not knowing they were pregnant.
    I think this crap show is on its 3rd season... apparently it happens allot.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 2:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This article has a partial list:
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/healt...g-interactions

Couple of minutes of googling will get you a few more sources, but they are pretty much repeats of that list.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 3:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do they have a replacement, or do we have to wait even longer before we get to see Gina weigh in again?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 4:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean: "...to see Gina fight again".

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 6:51pm

Style: MMA/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friend once mentioned to me that she'd accidentally smoked pot and drank while pregnant with her first child.

Which is to say that she smoked and drank on purpose, but didn't find out she was pregnant until after returning from a serious two week party trip to Mexico.

She stopped drinking and smoking after that, of course. Baby turned out fine.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 7:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    You mean: "...to see Gina fight again".
    uh right, of course.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 7:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    Do you happen to have a list of such medications? Not being facetious, it seems like something to know.

I'll admit ignorance on the subject of amenorrhea-I've only known one woman with secondary amenorrhea in my life and she practiced safe sex even with it. Apologies for my ignorance.
    It depends on what kind of contraception they're using. Going from one of the more popular ones, Levlen ED: Consult your pharmarcist on individual drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MIMS online (drug information database)
    Drug interactions that result in an increased clearance of sex hormones can lead to breakthrough bleeding and oral contraceptive failure. This has been established with hydantoins, barbiturates, primidone, carbamazepine and rifampicin; oxcarbazepine, ritonavir, topiramate, felbamate, griseofulvin and herbal medicines containing St John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) are also suspected. The mechanism of this interaction appears to be based on the hepatic enzyme inducing properties of these drugs. Maximal enzyme induction is generally not seen for two to three weeks but may then be sustained for at least four weeks after the cessation of drug therapy.
    Also HIV protease (e.g. ritonavir) and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (e.g. nevirapine) and combinations of them, have been reported to potentially affect hepatic metabolism.
    Contraceptive failures have also been reported with the concomitant administration of antibiotics, such as ampicillins and tetracyclines. The mechanism of this effect has not been elucidated.
    Women on short-term treatment with any of the above mentioned classes of drugs or individual drugs should temporarily use a barrier method in addition to the COC, i.e. during the time of concomitant drug administration and for seven days after their discontinuation. For women on rifampicin a barrier method should be used in addition to the COC during the time of rifampicin administration and for 28 days after its discontinuation. If concomitant drug administration runs beyond the end of the active tablets in the COC pack, the next COC pack should be started without the usual placebo tablet interval.
    Nothings perfect. Including drugs. I have a cousin who got pregnant while on the pill.
    Pregnancy tests should be on the fighters own perogative, not something that a body whould have to test for.

It raises another question, though. If a woman is found to be in the early stanges of pregnancy, should she be dsiqualified or made to forfeit?

Chaos
    ? Panic?... Disorder??

.........................My Work is done here... ;)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast