Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 12:29pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Fushida, a company that makes two gis I own and sponsors a buddy, makes a somewhat lightweight gi, and they also do custom sizing. You may want to check them out.

http://www.fushida.ca/martial-arts-supplies.php
    Wow, those prices are very competative. I really dig that Mantis light weight gi, and the price at $110 is a great deal. Too bad they are sold out. Thank you for this link, it's saved in my favorites now.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 3:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always preferred wearing the gi I use to train for competition. I know Omega is needing a new gi because of the weight issue, but I've noticed that sponsored and unsponsored grapplers "be gi pimpin" with a fresh crispy gi.

I like to wear my gi in, I can feel how my gi reacts and how my body reacts to the gi. I mean its not like the damn gi is a Symbiot ala spiderman or anything, but I try to introduce less "new" things when I compete.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2011 10:17pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was planning on wearing my gi in which is why I don't want one that was going to simply fall apart.

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 3:00am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh those Fushida ones look awesome, too. Not to hijack, but does anyone have a review of the Break Point Gis? They are quite well priced and don't look too bad (I don't really like things all over it)! The plain white and blue look really nice. I'd like to know how durable they are!

I have 2 of the Fuji lightweight, I really like them (suuper comfy). But I don't think they'd fit what you require, Omega, they've lasted 6 months without tearing at all, and haven't shrunk much in the wash (and line drying). *shrug*

I've two double weave heavy gis which are like rolling on hessian matting now I have the super smooth lightweight gi, and in Australia's heat/weather drying the double weaves after training is near impossible in just a day, more so now as we move into winter...
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 2:26pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Oh those Fushida ones look awesome, too. Not to hijack, but does anyone have a review of the Break Point Gis? They are quite well priced and don't look too bad (I don't really like things all over it)! The plain white and blue look really nice. I'd like to know how durable they are!
    Contact David Koresh Jr. He has one and I'm pretty sure he loves it. It might be nice to get him in this thread to do a brief review.

I have rolled with a couple of people who own Break Point Gis and they seem to be of good quality, but I have no idea how much they shrink or how they are cut.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 2:45pm

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serious answer here - the Fushida Komodo is fantastic. I've owned an A2S for over 18 months and wash it at least once a week, so let's say 80 washes. It's in perfect shape other than some slight patch fading and when I air dry, it is still stiff enough to stand up on it's own.

Fit is perfect (I'm 6 ft and 170ish). Shrinkage was modest, and will be accounted for when you send in your form. They ask you to fill out a form with gi measurements from a current gi, your body measurements, and a brief description of how your current gi fits. They recommend sizes based on calculations, and they hit mine perfectly. The gi itself fits very well, almost tailored.

Performance wise, I can tell a noticeable difference when I roll wearing it as opposed to my looser, softer gis. In the Fushida people can't grip my sleeves very well due to the excellent fit, as there is very little loose fabric anywhere. The foam-core collar is very thick, so collar chokes are more easily defended, and defending vs most gi-control grips is easier overall. It's like wearing armor. Rip stop pants are excellent, and the draw-string works great, but it tends to get a little stuck when I air dry.

Well worth the money. Ships from Canada, so freight seems high, but it's 100% worth it. I've recommended this gi on boards and to friends, and never heard any negative feedback from anyone.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all, I'm back...just had to remember the old username i was using from back in the day when I was shooting the Bullshido throwdown event at ModCom. heheh

Michael asked me to post about our gi here and while most of the info is on the go page at ...

http://www.dsmma.com/HCG.html

including the size chart, I figured you might want to know more.

Our gis should be tournament legal since the weave is the same and so far no one has told me they had any trouble (please confirm this if you have been to an event with our gi).

Right now they run $140 as we discounted them due to a few quality issues I wasn't happy with. The main issues are some sloppy threads that need trimming and the fact that you have to wash them at least tow times before they stop shedding. Other then that people seem to love them. They are very breathable, tend to stay cleaner due to hemp's anti-mictrobial properties, and although very strong they actually get softer with each wash.

The cut is more of a BJJ cut this time (ver one was more Judo) and the only thing some don't like is that the sleeves are a bit wide so you have to watch out for sleeve grip control but then again some chokes come easier too.

The black sizes are almost completely sold out but we'll have a handful of backups in a few months. The natural whites are still in stock on almost all sizes A1-5.

We ship anywhere and if you have any issues with the gi from poor workmanship we'll take care of it for you.

Thanks all, I'll try to stay on top of the questions here if you have any.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 3:00pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for that Chris. The black one looks slick.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 4:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    Contact David Koresh Jr. He has one and I'm pretty sure he loves it. It might be nice to get him in this thread to do a brief review.

I have rolled with a couple of people who own Break Point Gis and they seem to be of good quality, but I have no idea how much they shrink or how they are cut.

Breakpoint gi. I have the deluxe lightweight black one, why? Cause I'm awesome. I got in a2 and it fits well. It's not as light as I typically like a gi but it's durable. When I first got it the lining on the inside would flake off and get on me as well as it was really hot. After a few washes it faded away and felt a lot more comfortable.

Sleeve length for longer arms? Good (Fits my monkey arms great)

Torso length for tall torsos? Not great, but not the worst. (I've a freak long torso)

Not too puffy in the chest

The collar isn't too stiff or too loose, just right.

Bonus- two pairs of pants! The ripstop pants are perfect, the gi ones are a little heavy but you get used to them.

Overall- B+

Isn't quite an A but I'm a critical bastard who's waiting for a gi to fit my long torso and slim build. 5'11 165 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gi.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	12572  

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    4/25/2011 8:04pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    After a few washes it faded away and felt a lot more comfortable.
    Any shrinkage from washing on warm/hot or from the dryer?

The Breakpoint site says they are "85% pre-shrunk".
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast